Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, retep said:

They tried that with Russia, look where that got them.

LOL, yeah, remember that, EU says we are going to impose sanctions, Russia says, OK, we'll start by turning your gas supply off.

4 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Indeed:

Russian financial crisis (2014–2017)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_financial_crisis_(2014–2017)

"Pesonen pointed at the Russian ban on European products, which is a response to European sanctions against the country following its annexation of Crimea.

European farmers can no longer sell their products in Russia, which represents an export loss worth 5-6 billion euros. Therefore, argued Copa-Cogeca, the agreed aid package is far from enough."

https://euranetplus-inside.eu/calls-for-more-eu-support-for-struggling-farmers/

2 minutes ago, retep said:

"Pesonen pointed at the Russian ban on European products, which is a response to European sanctions against the country following its annexation of Crimea.

European farmers can no longer sell their products in Russia, which represents an export loss worth 5-6 billion euros. Therefore, argued Copa-Cogeca, the agreed aid package is far from enough."

https://euranetplus-inside.eu/calls-for-more-eu-support-for-struggling-farmers/

And? It didn't stop the sanctions and it most definately hurt Russia more than anyone else.. so again, who exactly are you trying to convince? :roll:

9 minutes ago, Magilla said:

And? It didn't stop the sanctions and it most definately hurt Russia more than anyone else.. so again, who exactly are you trying to convince? :roll:

Think his point was that you impose sanctions on a big player like Russia then there will be an adverse effect on your own trade. In commerce I think they call this cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It's OK to do this with NK as they don't offer anything anyway, you can try bully them into submission, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. And who do you think it actually hurts anyway? The leaders or the poor civilians?

Edited by Bash Street

6 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

LOL, yeah, remember that, EU says we are going to impose sanctions, Russia says, OK, we'll start by turning your gas supply off.

A baseless threat... sanctions were applied anyway... Russia didn't turn off the gas :roll:

That's what happens when you're the more powerful side in negotiations.

Another one of those benefits of EU membership :?

14 minutes ago, Magilla said:

A baseless threat... sanctions were applied anyway... Russia didn't turn off the gas :roll:

That's what happens when you're the more powerful side in negotiations.

You think it's gone away, you'd better think again.

A number of disputes in which Russia was using pipeline shutdowns in what was described as "tool for intimidation and blackmail"[13] caused European Union to significantly increase efforts to diversify its energy sources.[14] Some have even argued that Russia developed "the capacity to use unilateral economic sanctions in the form of gas pricing and gas disruptions against many European North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) member states".[5] During an anti-trust investigation initiated in 2011 against Gazprom a number of internal company documents were seized that documented a number of "abusive practices" in an attempt to "segment the internal [EU] market along national borders" and impose "unfair pricing".[15]

15 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Let the Europeans suffer,

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/the-source/our-world-of-energy/energys-grand-journey/where-does-uk-gas-come-from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_in_the_European_energy_sector

4 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Think his point was that you impose sanctions on a big player like Russia then there will be an adverse effect on your own trade. In commerce I think they call this cutting your nose off to spite your face.

You just described Brexit to a tee.. you know that right? :hihi:

It's OK to do this with NK as they don't offer anything anyway, you can try bully them into submission, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working.

Since the NKs economy is strangled to the tune of over 1/1000th of their closest neighbour, largely keeping them in their box, it's certainly not "not working" either :roll:

How about Iran?

And who do you think it actually hurts anyway? The leaders or the poor civilians?

The same people Brexit, or any consequences that result from not abiding by our commitments, will hurt! :hihi:

Hence, we'll be paying that £39bn.. which was the point originally made :?

1 minute ago, Magilla said:

You just described Brexit to a tee.. you know that right? :hihi:

Since the NKs economy is strangled to the tune of over 1/1000th of their closest neighbour, largely keeping them in their box, it's certainly not "not working" either :roll:

How about Iran?

The same people Brexit, or any consequences that result from not abiding by our commitments, will hurt! :hihi:

Hence, we'll be paying that £39bn.. which was the point originally made :?

The £39 Billion was a negotiated payment in May's deal, they did actually want £100 Billion.

The fortitude and industry of the population of this country will shine through, the problem we have is that there are too many people afraid of their own shadow.

We need a trade agreement with the EU, I'll grant you that which we'll get on WTO rules, and then we'll be flying, why people wish to hold us back I'll never know.

Just now, Bash Street said:

I'd guess China's economy is way more than that.

You think it's gone away, you'd better think again.

A number of disputes in which Russia was using pipeline shutdowns in what was described as "tool for intimidation and blackmail"[13] caused European Union to significantly increase efforts to diversify its energy sources.[14]

It's not without some irony that I see you pointed out the EU is already taking the steps to mitigate Russia's energy influence, as time passes, their threats become less potent.

Hmmm...  that seems to be highlighting how much more vulnerable the UK will be on it's own and how dependant we are on the EU for transit of our gas :roll:

How does being at the end of a long chain, the last in the line, help the UK post Brexit?

5 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

The £39 Billion was a negotiated payment in May's deal, they did actually want £100 Billion.

Clearly, you are clueless! :(

The UK agreed to pay "up to" €100bn, the £39bn is an *estimate* representing the balance remaining after UK commitments, assets and investments in the EU are taken into account.

The fortitude and industry of the population of this country will shine through, the problem we have is that there are too many people afraid of their own shadow.

Ah right, common sense and basic addition skills don't come into it.... I guess I knew that already :hihi:

We need a trade agreement with the EU, I'll grant you that which we'll get on WTO rules, and then we'll be flying, why people wish to hold us back I'll never know.

I'd guess China's economy is way more than that.

Maybe I should have said their smaller neighbour, which only magnifies how effective those sanctions really are. Thanks for making my point for me! :hihi:

1 hour ago, Bash Street said:

There's a new world order developing and the rules are going to change.

Do I want to become like these people? No I don't but we'd better get used to the fact that things are going to be changing.

Changing to what?

Epic trolling by the way