Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Completely irrational, illogical and very disturbing.

Let's fund an arms race to stimulate the economy! Let's invest in war!

Dangerously naive.

Where is the illogicality in the above statement? Please enlighten us - with facts not your usual supposition, myths and arm waving.

Also, if you look at historical precedent you will see that defense (not attack) spending has enabled countries to move out of recession faster than any other economic measure - but that would be based on fact - something you don't appear to worry about.

Finally, I don't understand this word naive unless you mean naïve?

1 minute ago, Litotes said:

You are twisting everything - again - but it is hwat we come to expect

Defence is about defending what is dear to you - nowhere is it said that the EU investment in defence is about "killing human beings".

You are wrong - face it.

Also you seem to clearly advocate austerity, your right wing tendencies are showing through! Thanks for showing your true colours.

European Commission Press Release database:

Brussels, 19 March 2019.

European Defence Fund on track with €525 million for Eurodrone and other joint research and industrial projects

"Ability to conduct high-end operations: €71 million will support the upgrade or the development of the next generation of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval systems"

What do you think 'precision strike capabilities' mean? 

Why is the EU funding the development of autonomous and unmanned armed drones? Will they be used to tickle opponents of the EU?

War is Peace.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Brussels, 19 March 2019.

European Defence Fund on track with €525 million for Eurodrone and other joint research and industrial projects

"Ability to conduct high-end operations: €71 million will support the upgrade or the development of the next generation of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval systems"

Why is the EU funding the development of autonomous and unmanned armed drones? Will they be used to tickle opponents of the EU?

War is Peace.

If someone is attacking my country, I need the capability to defend myself without any collateral damage - that is what "precision strike capabilities" are.

The use of drones is so that the members of the defence forces don't get put into harms way when defending the EU against aggressive forces.

So not only, do you want austerity, but you also would needlessly put the members of the defence forces in harms' way?

What a nice charitable man / woman you are - always thinking about your fellow man/woman... none of this typical brexiteer "I'm all right Jacques" mentality from you... Oh, hold on...

The European Defence Fund MILITARISES the EU project of peace and diverts funding from non military projects.

€4.1 billion of EU funds are to be allocated to research and €8.9 billion to developing military equipment. Cuts in social programmes worth €300 million have already been needed to establish the weapons Fund. The EDF will accelerate the global arms race which makes conflicts more likely - weapons proliferation encourages the use of force rather than peaceful solutions.

How long before the EU project of peace declares that it needs nuclear weapons of its own?

Purely defensive, of course.

War is Peace. 

NO TO EU MILITARISATION. NO TO AN EU ARMS RACE.

Edited by Car Boot

21 minutes ago, Litotes said:

If someone is attacking my country, I need the capability to defend myself without any collateral damage - that is what "precision strike capabilities" are.

The use of drones is so that the members of the defence forces don't get put into harms way when defending the EU against aggressive forces.

So not only, do you want austerity, but you also would needlessly put the members of the defence forces in harms' way?

What a nice charitable man / woman you are - always thinking about your fellow man/woman... none of this typical brexiteer "I'm all right Jacques" mentality from you... Oh, hold on...

A peace initiative trading bloc doesn't need weapons of war designed by the international arms industry.

25 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Also, if you look at historical precedent you will see that defense (not attack) spending has enabled countries to move out of recession faster than any other economic measure - but that would be based on fact - something you don't appear to worry about.

Military 'defense' spending by Nazi Germany certainly helped it out of recession.

Edited by Car Boot

Austerity man sidesteps the needs for facts (or the need to answer any of the questions he/she has been asked) and produces incomprehensible rhetoric based on his/her need to have a voice.

But that's what democracy is about - the ability to change ones mind - except for brexiteers - we have voted and no-one can change their minds!

34 minutes ago, tzijlstra said:

Keep making stuff up CB, at some point you will have to admit you are talking nonsense, if you had any grace or sense today would have been the day, with the IRA murdering an innocent journalist, but of course in your mind this is the fault of Europe, isn't it?

Attempting to connect my anti-EU posts with the murder of a woman by terrorists is a low point.

Disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Attempting to connect my anti-EU posts with the murder of a woman by terrorists is a low point.

Disappointing.

Jo Cox?

43 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The European Defence Fund MILITARISES the EU project of peace and diverts funding from non military projects.

€4.1 billion of EU funds are to be allocated to research and €8.9 billion to developing military equipment. Cuts in social programmes worth €300 million have already been needed to establish the weapons Fund. The EDF will accelerate the global arms race which makes conflicts more likely - weapons proliferation encourages the use of force rather than peaceful solutions.

How long before the EU project of peace declares that it needs nuclear weapons of its own?

Purely defensive, of course.

War is Peace. 

NO TO EU MILITARISATION. NO TO AN EU ARMS RACE.

The EU needs to accelerate the development of more modern weapons because of the aggressive posture right on our doorstep by Russia. The annexing of Ukraine comes to mind. 

With regards to nuclear weapons. The EU already have nuclear weapons. The U.K. and France have them. 

Do more research. Actually do some research. Still spouting misinformation again. 

44 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Disappointing.

Exactly my point... you are wilfully ignorant about the consequences whilst maintaining a utopic perspective.  Shame is all on you.

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Brussels, 19 March 2019.

War is Peace.

Precision strike doesn’t necessarily mean drones, it means precision strikes. We make some very precise weapons.