Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

love the interpretation of a phrase which include the word "Defence" to mean "weapons of war" - surely yet another example of junk from the trunk...

The EU Defence Fund supports the research and development of new or 'enhanced' weapons and military technology - and goes to weapons manufacturers and civilian contractors working in the arms industry. 

When is a weapon of war NOT a weapon of war?

When a Remainer pretends that a military weapon designed by the EU project of peace to kill human beings is defensive, and not offensive.

2 hours ago, Yeah but said:

If Europe is ever going to escape the thrall of the United States it needs to pool together politically, economically and militarily. Britain should be in spearheading it.

Do you think the EU project of peace should go to war with the US?

2 hours ago, Dardandec said:

There is a bit of a giveaway word in there carboot, have you guessed what it is yet?

You don't believe that the EU, a so-called peace project, funding the development of the 'next generation' of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval strike systems is more than a little disturbing?

I guess you believe that War is Peace.

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

You don't believe that the EU, a so-called peace project, funding the development of the 'next generation' of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval strike systems is more than a little disturbing?

I guess you believe that War is Peace.

I believe every country/union has the right to defend itself and they aren't going to achieve that with bows and arrows. Do you believe they would use it for the wrong reasons?   

13 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

I believe every country/union has the right to defend itself and they aren't going to achieve that with bows and arrows. Do you believe they would use it for the wrong reasons?   

I believe that the EU breaks down a Remainers ability to think rationally and makes them accept, and believe, almost anything it tells them - even if it is entirely illogical.

Such as a 'project of peace' creating a new military bloc by funding the upgrade or development of the 'next generation' of ground-based precision strike capabilities, ground combat capabilities, air combat capabilities and future naval systems.

Exactly what the world needs - a new military bloc.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

The myth of the EU being a peace project is dead.

Edited by Car Boot

6 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Weapons can be for defence.

So you agree that the EU project of peace should use public money to fund military research and equipment from companies that profit from war and killing?

For the purpose of making the EU a military bloc?

Edited by Car Boot

Twisting what I said - just like a brexiteer...

I think that investment in capabilities to defend from aggression is a valid investment and that anyone that didn't do so would be being irresponsible.

There is also the fact that investment in defense capabilities has stimulated the post-recession growth of many nations and perhaps that is what should be done today rather than cutting back on defense spending.

Just now, Litotes said:

I think that investment in capabilities to defend from aggression is a valid investment and that anyone that didn't do so would be being irresponsible.

There is also the fact that investment in defense capabilities has stimulated the post-recession growth of many nations and perhaps that is what should be done today rather than cutting back on defense spending.

Unless of course, you are an advocate of austerity?

11 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Twisting what I said - just like a brexiteer...

I'm not twisting anything.

For decades the EU has promoted itself as a peace initiative. A peace project. 

How does the EU becoming a military power and spending billions of pounds of public money to fund the international arms industry to create ever more lethal weapons with the purpose of killing human beings fit into that myth?

War is Peace.

6 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Unless of course, you are an advocate of austerity?

Completely irrational, illogical and very disturbing.

Let's fund an arms race to stimulate the economy! Let's invest in war!

Dangerously naive.

Edited by Car Boot

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

I'm not twisting anything.

For decades the EU has promoted itself as a peace initiative. A peace project. 

How does the EU becoming a military power and spending billions of pounds of public money to fund the international arms industry to create ever more lethal weapons with the purpose of killing human beings sit with that?

War is Peace.

You are twisting everything - again - but it is hwat we come to expect

Defence is about defending what is dear to you - nowhere is it said that the EU investment in defence is about "killing human beings".

You are wrong - face it.

Also you seem to clearly advocate austerity, your right wing tendencies are showing through! Thanks for showing your true colours.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Is it the word 'defence'?

Do you honestly believe that including this word in its title somehow means that EU military research into creating weapons designed to kill human beings is nothing to do with militarism, arms sales and warfare? It is offensive capabilities that the EU is funding, not defensive.

I guess that the EDF will be a peace project in a similar way to other paramilitary projects and organisations that also include the word 'defence' in their title. Such as the peaceful Israeli DEFENCE Force with its assassinations of civilians, women and children. Or the peaceful Ulster DEFENCE Association with its assassinations of civilians, women and children.

Odd isn't it, how the British, French, Canadians and Americans were the ones taking out Khadaffi and the BBC now not mentioning that this is how he was removed? Or indeed how Brexiteers are claiming NATO membership reduces the need to be in the EU?

Keep making stuff up CB, at some point you will have to admit you are talking nonsense, if you had any grace or sense today would have been the day, with the IRA murdering an innocent journalist, but of course in your mind this is the fault of Europe, isn't it?