Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

19 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Democracy or the EU?.

If I was an anti-democracy EU supporting Remainer, I would certainly want the 17.4 million vote for independence to be swept under the carpet and done away with.

But I am not a Remainer.

Edited by Car Boot

Posted my vote and decided not to spoil my paper, only four candidates on it, 3 that I know, Labour, Tory and Libdems and one completely unknown to me The Yorkshire Party. Sadly even though it is a local election there was no mention of a Brexit  Party. The unknown Yorkshire Party got my vote.

Angel1.

43 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Posted my vote and decided not to spoil my paper, only four candidates on it, 3 that I know, Labour, Tory and Libdems and one completely unknown to me The Yorkshire Party. Sadly even though it is a local election there was no mention of a Brexit  Party. The unknown Yorkshire Party got my vote.

Angel1.

LOl, well done

The Yorkshire Party has been a member of the European Free Alliance since 2015

https://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/european-free-alliance-manifesto/

2019 Manifesto
European Free Alliance
Building a Europe of ALL peoples

-Introduction by EFA President François Alfonsi
1. Self-determination
2. A Europe of all peoples
3. Peace and freedom for Europe
4. Building a sustainable world
5. Linguistic Justice
6. Promoting gender equality
7. Social Justice: Restoring dignity and equality
8. All peoples decide
9. For greater solidarity between peoples
10. Youth

“Vote in the upcoming European
elections, make your voice heard.
Allow us to make your vote for all
peoples of Europe and for Another
Europe, be understood!”

i can see that right up your alley :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Free_Alliance

Edited by melthebell

5 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

So basically you don’t understand local elections or indeed elections full stop.

just to bring that back to the thread - I suspect many Brexit voting folks voted it because of disillusionment with politics, originating in a complete failure to comprehend politics.

On 16/04/2019 at 21:40, Longcol said:

No - to encourage co-operation and avoid wars that had ravaged Europe for centuries.

If the EU seeks to avoid wars why did the EU parliament overwhelmingly vote to finalise the funding for a European Defence Fund this week? The fund commits €13 billion over a seven-year period to the collective research and development of cutting-edge weapons and military technology. 

Arms dealers, who have been advising the EU, have welcomed the EU move into building weapons of war.

NO to EU Militarism. NO to an EU army.

The EU has now made the military sector a priority for EU funding that will also subsidise the international arms industry. The EU Defence Fund diverts human and financial resources from civilian priorities to military objectives.

So much for the EU being a 'peace project'.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The EU has now made the military sector a priority for EU funding that will also subsidise the international arms industry. The EU Defence Fund diverts human and financial resources from civilian priorities to military objectives.

So much for the EU being a 'peace project'.

If Europe is ever going to escape the thrall of the United States it needs to pool together politically, economically and militarily. Britain should be in spearheading it.

Love the way Car Boot appears to be arguing with him/her self.

Always thought his/her posts were either rabid left wing or right wing (although some say that if you go too extreme you come out the other end anyway...)

As a left winger CB seems to engender rightwing totalitarian tendencies especially about the restriction of the rights of workers to move freely.

But that's what freedom of expression is all about - oh hold on, he/she seems to be against the right of the electorate to change their minds...

Now I am confused... "I want freedom of expression, but won't allow the electorate to have it"

I also love the interpretation of a phrase which include the word "Defence" to mean "weapons of war" - surely yet another example of junk from the trunk...

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

"European Defence Fund"

There is a bit of a giveaway word in there carboot, have you guessed what it is yet?

43 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

There is a bit of a giveaway word in there carboot, have you guessed what it is yet?

Think he needs to read up on recent world events and whos friends with who and who might be enemies with who and what can happen :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

Is it the word 'defence'?

Do you honestly believe that including this word in its title somehow means that EU military research into creating weapons designed to kill human beings is nothing to do with militarism, arms sales and warfare? It is offensive capabilities that the EU is funding, not defensive.

I guess that the EDF will be a peace project in a similar way to other paramilitary projects and organisations that also include the word 'defence' in their title. Such as the peaceful Israeli DEFENCE Force with its assassinations of civilians, women and children. Or the peaceful Ulster DEFENCE Association with its assassinations of civilians, women and children.

Edited by Car Boot

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Love the way Car Boot appears to be arguing with him/her self.

Always thought his/her posts were either rabid left wing or right wing (although some say that if you go too extreme you come out the other end anyway...)

As a left winger CB seems to engender rightwing totalitarian tendencies especially about the restriction of the rights of workers to move freely.

But that's what freedom of expression is all about - oh hold on, he/she seems to be against the right of the electorate to change their minds...

Now I am confused... "I want freedom of expression, but won't allow the electorate to have it"

I also love the interpretation of a phrase which include the word "Defence" to mean "weapons of war" - surely yet another example of junk from the trunk...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/19/eu-13bn-defence-fund-arms-companies

Perhaps you could explain why 'The Guardian' interprets the EDF as the development of "cutting edge weapons and military technology"?