Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

16 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I consider it to be fundamentally wrong for members of anAnti EU party to have the cheek to choose to become a Euro MP.

For us who support the EU there is constant work to be carried out to improve this project and to act in British interests.

Farage is a wrecker and an embarrassment who should be standing as a candidate for his own choice of U.K. Parliament.

Why on earth would he bother standing for UK Parliament - 8th time a charm?

26 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I consider it to be fundamentally wrong for members of anAnti EU party to have the cheek to choose to become a Euro MP.

For us who support the EU there is constant work to be carried out to improve this project and to act in British interests.

Farage is a wrecker and an embarrassment who should be standing as a candidate for his own choice of U.K. Parliament.

Perhaps only those approved by Remainers should be permitted to stand for the EU Parliament? Or should we just discount all the votes for anti-EU parties?

This democracy thing is proving enormously troublesome for those who support the EU. Can't we just do away with it?

George Galloway on Twitter:

"Given the nature of Labour’s Euro-fanatic candidates list and the crucial juncture we have reached in the fight for the full implementation of the #Brexit referendum result and for one-time only I will be supporting

@Nigel_Farage

in next months elections.

@TheBrexitParty"

It's genuine. George Galloway will be voting for The Brexit Party in the EU elections.

26 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

"Given the nature of Labour’s Euro-fanatic candidates list and the crucial juncture we have reached in the fight for the full implementation of the #Brexit referendum result and for one-time only I will be supporting

@Nigel_Farage

@TheBrexitParty"

It's genuine. George Galloway will be voting for The Brexit Party in the EU elections.

Hasn't he also supported some unsavoury characters in the middle east previously? Some role model

54 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

@Nigel_Farage

@TheBrexitParty"

That should lose them a few votes

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Perhaps only those approved by Remainers should be permitted to stand for the EU Parliament? Or should we just discount all the votes for anti-EU parties?

This democracy thing is proving enormously troublesome for those who support the EU. Can't we just do away with it?

Well if the Brexit Party and UKIP etc hate the EU so much maybe they should take a principled stance if elected and refuse to take their seats and accept their expenses.

@Nigel_Farage

@TheBrexitParty"

It wasn't so long ago that Galloway was supporting the UK to remain in the EU

https://twitter.com/hopeoverfear01/status/1050530604184408065

"As anyone with more than one brain cell would do"

I've more respect for people like Peter Oborne who laid out clearly his reasons  why he felt that he got it wrong when he voted to leave and campaigned to persuade others to vote leave. 

12 minutes ago, taxman said:

Well if the Brexit Party and UKIP etc hate the EU so much maybe they should take a principled stance if elected and refuse to take their seats and accept their expenses.

Yes I think Farage railed against MPs and their expenses when they were exposed by the Daily Telegraph, yet he omitted to mention that he had charged EU taxpayers a fortune for his expenses

https://www.ft.com/content/1993d000-c48d-11e3-b2fb-00144feabdc0

I think Farage's rage against MPs expenses is pure hypocrisy, and sour grapes given that he has tried to become an MP 7 times and has failed to get elected

22 minutes ago, taxman said:

And ignore that nice fat pay cheque? Not likely.

@Nigel_Farage

@TheBrexitParty"

Luckily, like everyone else, he only has one vote

Just watched Farage and Gerard Battens speeches at the EU the other day lol

Batten first talks about independence and freedom and not being subservient to a foreign power and then talks about signing up to WTO terms......it baffles me, arent the WTO a foreign power? they certainly arent a british sovereign nation.

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Democracy or the EU?.