Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

49 minutes ago, Longcol said:

No - to encourage co-operation and avoid wars that had ravaged Europe for centuries.

And that is something that many people forget when they become comfortable and prosperous. 

I do find the language used by Brexiteers in parliament e.g. Mark Francois to be confrontational and militaristic. I'm surprised that Carboot, as someone supposedly on the left doesn't call it out, or even separate himself from: the petty nationalism and simplistic sentimentality that characterises many statement from Brexiteers.

Edited by Mister M

On 15/04/2019 at 23:13, Mister M said:

Some cheapskate exploiters I guess.

Yup - looks like the Tories want to "deregulate" workers rights, quality standards etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/16/brexit-talks-with-government-have-stalled-says-corbyn

Presumably OK by Car Boot.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Is it fairer that those EU countries with more wealth and a better economy pay more and help out the poorer and weaker ones?

Is it fair that we have a welfare state where taxpayers that pay more help those less fortunate than themselves?

Wealth distribution is only acceptable when it suits him, let him live his 40 year fantasy of sticking it up to the establishment. He's retired now and comfortable, it doesn't matter about anybody else. He didn't have the balls to do it when he had something to lose but "COME ON! carboot"  we can do this, we are with you all the way mate, good on you :thumbsup: we will flush our lives down the pan mate and fulfill your fantasy. 

Edited by Dardandec

11 hours ago, Mister M said:

And that is something that many people forget when they become comfortable and prosperous. 

I do find the language used by Brexiteers in parliament e.g. Mark Francois to be confrontational and militaristic. I'm surprised that Carboot, as someone supposedly on the left doesn't call it out, or even separate himself from: the petty nationalism and simplistic sentimentality that characterises many statement from Brexiteers.

I am not responsible for, or a part of, the actions of the Tories regarding Brexit.

Neither is Jeremy Corbyn or the Labour party.

10 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Wealth distribution is only acceptable when it suits him, let him live his 40 year fantasy of sticking it up to the establishment. He's retired now and comfortable, it doesn't matter about anybody else. He didn't have the balls to do it when he had something to lose but "COME ON! carboot"  we can do this, we are with you all the way mate, good on you :thumbsup: we will flush our lives down the pan mate and fulfill your fantasy. 

The only things you have to lose are your chains.

Edited by Car Boot

I know Remainers on here love a poll.

A YouGov poll of 1,855 voters on Monday and Tuesday puts Farage’s Brexit party on 27%, followed by Labour on 22% and the Conservatives on 15% for the EU elections.

Never trust a poll!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/17/labour-giving-farage-eu-election-victory-margaret-beckett-brexit

Edited by Car Boot

You know that, like, the MEP elections are proportional representation...?

7 minutes ago, Obelix said:

You know that, like, the MEP elections are proportional representation...?

Of course. 

Do you?

Probably more so than you yes. How about applying your intellect to why the PR used means that you dont have to worry about one party being a bit ahead and vote splitting in the MEP elections...

20 hours ago, melthebell said:

.usual paranoid gibberish from a brextremist

Not at all, just an honest appraisal of how the EU dish out money. Which part of my post was gibberish do you think. I am not a Brextremist  either, just a voter who chose to leave the EU rather than stay in its clutches, paying large amounts in and receiving little out. We have schools who need more money, we have a health service that needs more money, we pay our pensioners who have worked for 50 years a pittance of a pension. There are 3.5 million children allegedly growing up in poverty who could do with more money. Cold weather kills 20000 a year, many of them have to pick either heating or eating, they could do with more money. 

Charity should begin at home, not sponsoring the EU to spend our BILLIONS on their pet schemes.

Angel1.