Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

5 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Germany is near recession with zero growth?

While the UK is the top investment destination in the world for the first time - overtaking the United States. Foreign investors don't seem at all put off by Brexit, despite 'Project Fear 2' warning of the sky falling in...

Wealthy plutocrats increasingly see UK as ripe for exploitation. Winning.

10 minutes ago, Phanerothyme said:

Wealthy plutocrats increasingly see UK as ripe for exploitation. Winning.

Nowt new there . According to some reports , half of London is owned by Russian  oligarchs

5 hours ago, Car Boot said:

While the UK is the top investment destination in the world for the first time - overtaking the United States. Foreign investors don't seem at all put off by Brexit, despite 'Project Fear 2' warning of the sky falling in...

Isn't that because the pound's value has plummeted after the vote because the economists of the world reckon we will go into recession and have a fire sale?

What's your spin on it? Perhaps, the £350M a week into the NHS will mean that all these overseas investors see us as a cheap route to healthcare?

The junk in the trunk hits another own goal for brexit...

Edited by Litotes

2 hours ago, Litotes said:

Isn't that because the pound's value has plummeted after the vote because the economists of the world reckon we will go into recession and have a fire sale?

What's your spin on it? Perhaps, the £350M a week into the NHS will mean that all these overseas investors see us as a cheap route to healthcare?

The junk in the trunk hits another own goal for brexit...

Germany cant prop up the eu forever,once we leave,there on their own,italy and spain will follow us,with france swallowing up the budget,Im not paying another penny to keep france afloat theyve milked the eu for far too long

20 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Germany cant prop up the eu forever,once we leave,there on their own,italy and spain will follow us,with france swallowing up the budget,Im not paying another penny to keep france afloat theyve milked the eu for far too long

No they won’t. They, and the rest of the eu, are looking at us in utter bemusement.

5 hours ago, Longcol said:

Banking on a BoJo (or similar right wing) led government that will slash workers rights (kiss goodbye to the minimum wage) / H&S standards / quality control etc etc once we leave the EU.

"We'll keep the hedge fund flying here".

Corbyn has almost assured that, in trying to keep his party membership happy, rather than his voters. 

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Nowt new there . According to some reports , half of London is owned by Russian  oligarchs

Well according to Car Boot it is news. He says that the UK is, post-brexit, going to be the honeypot to which the plutocrats businesses all flock, once it is no longer under the european jackboot of protected workers rights, health and safety regulation, food safety regulation and pesky data disclosure laws.

I see the EU are not too happy with Britain:

'Their first decision was to go on holiday':

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/their-first-decision-was-to-go-on-holiday-eu-fears-uk-will-waste-brexit-delay/ar-BBVZ19q?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

I know MPs are tired, but I can see Verhofstadt's point.  

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I see the EU are not too happy with Britain:

'Their first decision was to go on holiday':

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/their-first-decision-was-to-go-on-holiday-eu-fears-uk-will-waste-brexit-delay/ar-BBVZ19q?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=iehp

I know MPs are tired, but I can see Verhofstadt's point.  

Got to say, I agree with both of you 

Let's have a NO DEAL WTO Brexit as was promised by a Remainer Prime Minister.