Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Brexit party,lets give the people what they voted for,let germany carry on bailing out europe,give it 5 or 10 years and the germans will bail out as well,france will swallow up all the spare change and have a bigger voice,italy is close to bankrupt,the whole things a mess and not one of em can agree to sort the problems out

Weve had a close shave,could have cost us billions more had we stayed in,were getting out just in time

🤙

7 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

The EU is stronger than ever

The EU has had it, Italy, are as we speak preparing the coup de grâce.

I’m not a big meat eater but I would much prefer to eat a piece of ham knowing that the animal has been slaughtered in the UK instead of another EU country.

12 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I’m not a big meat eater but I would much prefer to eat a piece of ham knowing that the animal has been slaughtered in the UK instead of another EU country.

Why? It makes no difference really, what does is the difference in standards with the eu, and the rest of the world. We are pretty close to the eu standards wise

13 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Why restrict yourself to EU countries?

Are there any countries slaughter methods that you approve of?  Apart from good old Blighty that is.

This attitude is understandable.  Its called parochial (https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/parochial) . Very common amongst Brexiters.

22 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Why? It makes no difference really, what does is the difference in standards with the eu, and the rest of the world. We are pretty close to the eu standards wise

Most processed pork meat is imported from China.

14 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

You’re tying yourself in knots trying to discuss a specific point when the reality is that government can aid specific companies.

It can give incentives for specific companies to move here (e.g. Nissan), it can treat companies leniently when contracts fail (e.g. write-off of exit fees for rail franchises). 

I have never stated they couldn't. Yes the government can aid specific companies but what it cant do is give £millions to one company alone as that is in breach of EU competition rules. Only in exceptional circumstances can it pump millions into a specific company, for instance they had to get permission from the EU to bail out Northern Rock. They can also write off exit fees which is not giving state aid. Here is a point in question: we have several bus companies in Sheffield, can the government give state aid to just one?

BTW The only incentive Nissan got was to buy the land its plant is on. It was sold at agricultural prices as a way of getting round EU state aid rules, and as far as I am aware the have never received any substantial payments. 

15 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

The EU is stronger than ever

Germany is near recession with zero growth?

While the UK is the top investment destination in the world for the first time - overtaking the United States. Foreign investors don't seem at all put off by Brexit, despite 'Project Fear 2' warning of the sky falling in...

4 hours ago, Car Boot said:

While the UK is the top investment destination in the world for the first time - overtaking the United States. Foreign investors don't seem at all put off by Brexit, despite 'Project Fear 2' warning of the sky falling in...

Supercalifragilisticexpialibotious

4 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Banking on a BoJo (or similar right wing) led government that will slash workers rights (kiss goodbye to the minimum wage) / H&S standards / quality control etc etc once we leave the EU.

"We'll keep the hedge fund flying here".

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Banking on a BoJo (or similar right wing) led government that will slash workers rights (kiss goodbye to the minimum wage) / H&S standards / quality control etc etc once we leave the EU.

"We'll keep the hedge fund flying here".

Who is banking on that ?

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who is banking on that ?

Some cheapskate exploiters I guess.

11 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Who is banking on that ?

Foreign investors per Car Boot's post which I replied to. Easiest way to make profits is to cut the workforce costs - the right of the Tory party will be quite happy to let them do that.

Edited by Longcol