Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

47 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Im starting to hope we have to elect MEP`s so we can cause all sorts of grief and problems for the muppets in Brussels by vetoing their important decisions. 

Ey up Penny

The Guardian interviews locals in Penistone about Angela Smith. They're having a good old grumble. Are you among them?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/18/good-riddance-penistone-locals-have-their-say-on-labour-angela-smith-resignation

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

E++y up Penny

The Guardian interviews locals in Penistone about Angela Smith. They're having a good old grumble. Are you among them?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/18/good-riddance-penistone-locals-have-their-say-on-labour-angela-smith-resignation

Shocking  MP, a traitor , a   Pro european who does not represent the views of her constituents who voted Leave . . she would have got her p45 at the next election even if she was still in Labour. 

50 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

if they insist we elect MEP`s there will be many ,many eurosceptics elected from England,so we may as well cause as many problems as we can ,and try and destroy the corrupt dictatorship from within before we leave.  

The EU are about to be faced with dozens of Nigel Farage`s. 

What, MEPs that don't turn up much?

34 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

who does not represent the views of her constituents who voted Leave . 

Some of her constituents.

39 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Shocking  MP, a traitor , a   Pro european who does not represent the views of her constituents who voted Leave . . she would have got her p45 at the next election even if she was still in Labour. 

I hear this a lot, but what you don't often hear about are those Brexit MPs representing remain areas including

John Redwood 

Dominic Raab

Steve Baker 

Chris Grayling

Kate Hoey

Jacob Rees Mogg

Graham Brady

Iain Duncan Smith

Liam Fox

Nigel Dodds

I could go on......

Edited by Mister M

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Some of her constituents.

The MAJORITY  of her constituents . IE , over 50%

12 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I never stated that it was. Why introduce such a thing into the discussion?

It's not that British people don't want the jobs, it's that the pay and conditions are poor.

Instead of attacking economic migrants and labelling British workers as being lazy we should be raising the pay and conditions of ALL workers and massively increasing taxes on employers and big business. 

If an employer can't afford to pay a living wage to its workers then it categorically SHOULD NOT be in business. Force out those who are dependent upon cheap EU labour. Drive them out of business. Drive out the exploiters.

I can`t believe I`m reading this, I really can`t. It`s such pie in the sky nonsense that I can`t even think of an adequate reply, other than money doesn`t actually grow on trees.

35 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

The MAJORITY  of her constituents . IE , over 50%

So what?

It's up to her how she votes in Parliament. She has to represent the interests of ALL her constituents not just some of them!

4 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

I'd advise you not to think of this as a Tory/Labour election.  Under the circumstances, it will be seen as a surrogate referendum on the Brexit issue - especially by the Brexiteers.  Remember the point they're constantly making, that 80% of votes in the 2017 GE went to parties that made noises about "respecting the referendum" in their manifestoes.

If you're a remainer, you want to be voting for one of the unequivocally remain-supporting parties in the upcoming Euro elections - the LibDems if you're a right winger, or the Greens if you're a centrist, or left of centre.  Any other vote will 100% be represented as giving a mandate for leaving the EU.

Remember that the EU elections have a PR element, so votes are much less pointless than in a GE.

Remember also that, unlike the 2016 referendum, EU27 residents are entitled to vote for their British MEP.

3-ish extra million votes in that particular balance, every last one of them with a big score to settle after the last 3 years ;)

6 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

I presume that any ERG/UKIP candidates who get elected will do a Sinn Fein, and not take up their seats in a parliament whose legitimacy they do not recognise?

You would think so wouldn't you? If they had any principles that is.

Farage will soon be back in Brussels eating at his favourite bistros and sipping Belgian ales.

Thats his job