Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

You're not even from Sheffield.

Doesnt really matter. A lot of people on here that are for remain didnt take part in the referendum and are not from Sheffield but they still post.

58 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If you ask someome how they intend to vote they may be 90% sure but they can never be 100%..

If you ask someone how they did vote, unless they have a very poor memory they will know with 100% certainty.

But the people who are asked how they supposedly did vote before may also not be telling the truth because they may be embarrassed that they didnt vote at all, especially the young. Or they may be embarrassed that they voted leave so again dont tell the truth. 

7 minutes ago, Flexo said:

Hi everyone!!!

I've been away. How's it going here? Is anyone still arguing that Brexit is a good idea, or has is slowly shifted to "We knew it would be bad and we voted for bad!!" ?

💖

No, still arguing that they voted leave as it was their democratic right to and those that didnt vote are still arguing to remain and want another referendum that they cant vote in.

Edited by apelike

12 minutes ago, apelike said:

Doesnt really matter. A lot of people on here that are for remain didnt take part in the referendum and are not from Sheffield but they still post.

It’s from Russia. It’s a bot.

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

But the people who are asked how they supposedly did vote before may also not be telling the truth because they may be embarrassed that they didnt vote at all, especially the young. Or they may be embarrassed that they voted leave so again dont tell the truth. 

That is another matter altogether. Are you saying that more people are likely to lie after the event than before?

If I had asked you last week who was going to win the National you would have said that Tiger Roll was most likely to win it but you couldn't be 100% sure. If I asked you today who won the National you would say Tiger Roll, 100%

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

They don't single out Sheffield for special mention though - unlike the pretend Marxist who used to put his location down as Barnsley.

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That is another matter altogether. Are you saying that more people are likely to lie after the event than before?

No.

If I had asked you last week who was going to win the National you would have said that Tiger Roll was most likely to win it but you couldn't be 100% sure. If I asked you today who won the National you would say Tiger Roll, 100%

If you asked me before the referendum who would win I couldn't be 100% sure but would have said Remain, but if you now ask me who won I would say Leave, 100%. Both your statement and my statement mean zilch.

Edited by apelike

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

No.

If you asked me before the referendum who would win I couldn't be 100% sure but would have said Remain, but if you now ask me who won I would say Leave. Both your statement and my statement mean zilch.

So you agree that a poll after an event is more likely to be more accurate than a poll taken on the same event after it?

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So you agree that a poll after an event is more likely to be more accurate than a poll taken on the same event after it?

No. Does that even make sense...

Edited by apelike

Maybe I'm over analysing this but Katya Adler on the BBC showed a copy of the draft statement of tomorrow's Council of Europe meeting with the Brexit extension date just filled in as (XX.XX.XXXX)

Could the XX in the month box, indicate October at the very earliest as the June date that Theresa May is asking for would have been represented by a single X?

4 hours ago, apelike said:

Pointing it out is just like the conclusion the media have come to and also your opinion and maybe thats where you get the idea from. If I am factually wrong then it should be easy for you to prove it as after all you were a member and should have easy access to the relevant press report/statement. Until then what I stated stands but obviously you take the easy way out by not wanting to debate but despite that you actually still try and make out it is wrong. So prove it and if I am wrong then I will of course apologise.

They are being used as pawns to boost the ratings of James O'Brien and LBC. You do realise that the callers are not just chosen at random.

This morning O'Brien broke the news that Andrew Lilico, one of the economists who are wheeled out to give Brexit some 'credibility', is blaming the Queen for the Brexit mess:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexiteers-blame-queen-for-mess/

Suzanne Evans, once a UKIP spokesperson agrees with him:

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/thejouker/17561630.why-the-queen-is-the-latest-target-for-hard-brexiteers/

So there you go. It's all the fault of her maj!

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Maybe I'm over analysing this but Katya Adler on the BBC showed a copy of the draft statement of tomorrow's Council of Europe meeting with the Brexit extension date just filled in as (XX.XX.XXXX)

Could the XX in the month box, indicate October at the very earliest as the June date that Theresa May is asking for would have been represented by a single X?

Over analysing - here in France today's date would be written 09/04/2019. 

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Over analysing - here in France today's date would be written 09/04/2019. 

Fair point!