Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

On 04/04/2019 at 19:07, Mister Gee said:

Says the bloke who calls Jeremy Corbyn "comrade Corbyn" and Diane Abbott "abacus Abbott".

You realise that I was speaking as I find, some posters on this forum cannot wait to call fellow posters nasty and derogatory names.

What that has to do with Comrade Corbyn is beyond me.

"Communist Party of Britain embraces comrade Corbyn"

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/meandmymoney/article-6247095/How-money-clutches-Comrade-Corbyn.html

As for that doyenne of mathematics,  abacus Abbott, she is not fit for purpose,  I know it and the voting public know it. (link,)  

So I stand by my previous posts.

You can of course reply and tell me why both of my statements are off the mark or completely wrong. 

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

16 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

I think you're forgetting a load of stuff here.

In a Democracy people can vote to change things all the time, that`s the definition of democracy. It`s not a best of two or three or whatever. Voters have the right, at every General Election to vote to leave the EU, they do so by voting UKIP, which, truth be told, was always going to be the only way this country would have a hard Brexit because our democratic system is not set up for a simplistic question (which raised more questions than it answered) to force Parliament to adopt something which was never closely defined anyway.

To recap, since 1993 (or whenever UKIP was formed) people had the opportunity to vote to leave the EU, but they didn`t because until Cameron embarked on his ill considered gamble to reunite the Tory party (and Leave got going with its lies), the VAST majority of people in this country weren`t bothered about the EU one way or the other.

Brexit, a solution looking for a problem :

So , best of three then if Remoan won any second referendum. 

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

even if remain won we’ll have to listen to the “best of three” shouts from the leavers until the end of time.

Who cares? Once Brexit was cancelled, leave supporters wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of persuading anyone to revisit the chaos we have had to endure for the past three years.

Euroscepticism would return to being an obsession of the far right and the crackpot wing of the Conservative Party.

26 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

So , best of three then if Remoan won any second referendum. 

Wouldn’t happen. If remain won a second referendum, then it would be over because the majority of MPs is pro remain. That is what Leavers biggest problem is, there is no  political will. 

2 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Wouldn’t happen. If remain won a second referendum, then it would be over because the majority of MPs is pro remain. That is what Leavers biggest problem is, there is no  political will. 

No , that's the politicians biggest problem .

The whole Brexit saga has been a complete travesty and actually does prove that democracy doesn't really exist in the UK. Those in power (and indeed those yet not) don't really give a damn about voters...unless of course we are voting them in!!

Then it's all smiles.

Clearly, this country is far more corrupt than most of the poorer nations out there that both government and media love to point their dirty fingers at.

The UK government has shown the entire  world its true colours and pretty much its draconian  nostalgia for its Great British Empire  heritage it so often likes to brag about.

What a pathetic nation 

I'm ashamed to be british and If I were the EU I'd tell the UK to <removed> Off!!

Edited by nikki-red

22 hours ago, mrcharlie said:

The whole Brexit saga has been a complete travesty and actually does prove that democracy doesn't really exist in the UK. Those in power (and indeed those yet not) don't really give a damn about voters...unless of course we are voting them in!!

Then it's all smiles.

Clearly, this country is far more corrupt than most of the poorer nations out there that both government and media love to point their dirty fingers at.

The UK government has shown the entire  world its true colours and pretty much its draconian  nostalgia for its Great British Empire  heritage it so often likes to brag about.

What a pathetic nation 

I'm ashamed to be british and If I were the EU I'd tell the UK to <removed> Off!!

complete and utter nonsense

Edited by nikki-red

25 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Stephen fry on polls etc

And ?????

Just now, hackey lad said:

And ?????

did you actually watch it this time? instead of arguing the toss for the sake of it?

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

did you actually watch it this time? instead of arguing the toss for the sake of it?

Watched every second of it  , Again .  Just dont understand  why its on Again . All it tells us is Stephen Fry says don't believe the polls Again . By the way, you do realise Stephen  Fry is someone who you are supposed not to like , very rich and a tory who mixes with the Royal family .

Edited by hackey lad

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Watched every second of it  , Again .  Just dont understand  why its on Again . All it tells us is Stephen Fry says don't believe the polls Again . By the way, you do realise Stephen  Fry is someone who you are supposed not to like , very rich and a tory who mixes with the Royal family .

Is he a Tory? I know that he has spoken out against the Tories on a number of issues. But he might be a Tory.

Don't forget that Tories have Rick Wakeman, Jimmy Tarbuck, Jim Davison and Tony Hadley as their celeb supporters.