Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

26 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Don't you think that in 2019 the EU, a political and economic union, using the symbols of nationalism is more than a little sinister?

The problem you have with that is that the EU flag is a non hierarchical circle with a star to represent the various nations of many different ethnicities.

If anything, it is a symbol of the complete opposite of nationalism.

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Except it wasnt anywhere near that much - more like 3bn. Want to quit while you are merely behind?

Behind... What you mean like the ERTMS/ETCS rollout of the signalling system that you said had been upgraded and in operation... :) 

The £3billion you talk about was what was borrowed from the BoE in just the first few days only and further £billions in loans and guarantees were also given, but I'm sure you already know that. If you dont then scroll down to "Growth of Bank of England loan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalisation_of_Northern_Rock#Growth_of_Bank_of_England_loan

"By January 2008, Northern Rock's loan from the Bank of England had grown to £26bn."

:hihi:

Oh you finally had chance to look up the signalling system did you that you were unaware of a few days ago...

As for the Rock yes. That was the nationalisation cost. Not the same as the final lending cost you were wittering about and got badly wrong. Do try and be consistent and keep up at the back there

10 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Im ENGLISH , not european .

You are, of course, free to think of yourself as whatever you want, but that doesn`t alter the fact that :

1 - The referendum was only won 52/48 and, provably, on a load of lies.

2 - There is no longer a majority in this country for leaving the EU.

Therefore, no matter what happens now, there will be a democratic deficit, in this country.

4 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

You are, of course, free to think of yourself as whatever you want, but that doesn`t alter the fact that :

1 - The referendum was only won 52/48 and, provably, on a load of lies.

2 - There is no longer a majority in this country for leaving the EU.

Therefore, no matter what happens now, there will be a democratic deficit, in this country.

It’s almost like leavers think that remainers are just going to give up.

Not a chance. Never.

7 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Most Leave voters know enough to recognise that the profound crisis for the ruling class we are now seeing was created almost entirely by their Leave vote. Ordinary people delivered a stunning humiliation to both big business and the Establishment in a workers revolt against the rich and the bosses.

Sorry, the ‘ruling class’ who are they? What is an ordinary people? Where is that magic line that decides where you sit and what do you actually think leaving Europe looks like? On what terms do you want to leave? Simple questions to answer for a man of your persistence no doubt?

3 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s almost like leavers think that remainers are just going to give up.

Not a chance. Never.

Farage certainly wouldn't have given up if Leave had lost:

There could be unstoppable demand for a re-run of the EU referendum if Remain wins by a narrow margin on 23 June, UKIP leader Nigel Farage has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

17 hours ago, Obelix said:

No, you are British and European. There is no such nationality as English

You appear to know as little about banking as you do about Brexit.... Ever heard of the lender of last resort?

Indeed. I had an ex school "freind" come crawing to me for a job and/or reference after gleefully celebrating the Leave vote.

He got neither from me. Then he put me down as a reference anyway, and I sent a truthful one back. Petty perhaps but reap what you sow...

And then you actually brag about such loathsome behaviour!  I hope your 'friend' sees this. 

Considering that I put nothing incorrect on his reference then I see nothing to be worried about. Would you have wanted me to lie and give him a glowing reference?

20 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

And then you actually brag about such loathsome behaviour!  I hope your 'friend' sees this. 

Remember, when this is looked back on in history, having voted Leave will be a badge of shame and I suspect many will deny ever having done it.

21 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Considering that I put nothing incorrect on his reference then I see nothing to be worried about. Would you have wanted me to lie and give him a glowing reference?

Just like our politicians.  'Et tu, Brute?' 

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Remember, when this is looked back on in history, having voted Leave will be a badge of shame and I suspect many will deny ever having done it.

Rather the other way round, Remainers will be remembered as the ones that killed democracy.