Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

I`ve just read this statement by Theresa May, which just shows she has no idea about how the country is thinking :

"I've just come from chairing seven hours of Cabinet meetings focused on finding a route out of the current impasse, one that will deliver the Brexit the British people voted for and allow us to move on and begin bringing our divided country back together.

"I know there are some who are so fed up with delay and endless arguments that they would like to leave with no deal next week. I've always been clear that we could make a success of no deal in the long term."

Two things spring to mind :

1 - Bearing in mind it looks like my European Citizenship is going get stolen from me, on a 52/48 result by a load of lies, I cannot see any way this country is going to be "brought back together". It`ll; take at least a generation in my opinion.

2 - The bit in bold sums up TM`s blinkered view. There are just as many people who are fed up with the delays, the lies and the endless arguments, that they`d like the whole thing called off, or, at the very least, subject to a people`s vote. But she never said that or even alluded to it. And she`s the one claiming she wants to reunite the country ?

I don`t think so.

To add to their second point I'm sure many people will be offended that just because they (and everyone else) is fed up with the mess at Westminster doesn't mean they wish for a no deal brexit.

I'd rather wait it out and get a deal than throw the towel in and slump off with an outcome only the Tory elite are happy with.

3 minutes ago, Justin Smith said:

I`ve just read this statement by Theresa May, which just shows she has no idea about how the country is thinking :

Many more people would rather remain in the EU than leave with no deal so this is more evidence that she is trapped in this bonkers hard Brexit mindset which presumably comes from spending too much time worrying what the crackpot wing of her party think in her obsession with putting party before country.

1 hour ago, Justin Smith said:

"I've just come from chairing seven hours of Cabinet meetings focused on finding a route out of the current impasse, one that will deliver the Brexit the British people voted for and allow us to move on and begin bringing our divided country back together.

"I know there are some who are so fed up with delay and endless arguments that they would like to leave with no deal next week. I've always been clear that we could make a success of no deal in the long term."

1 - Bearing in mind it looks like my European Citizenship is going get stolen from me, on a 52/48 result by a load of lies, I cannot see any way this country is going to be "brought back together". It`ll; take at least a generation in my opinion.

2 - The bit in bold sums up TM`s blinkered view. There are just as many people who are fed up with the delays, the lies and the endless arguments, that they`d like the whole thing called off, or, at the very least, subject to a people`s vote. But she never said that or even alluded to it. And she`s the one claiming she wants to reunite the country ?

I don`t think so.

Im ENGLISH , not european .

1 hour ago, Justin Smith said:

I don`t think so.

You never had it lawfully

and the second is also under consideration lawfully.

28 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Im ENGLISH , not european .

You are both! 😂

3 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

I know she is desperate to get her surrender deal through,

Just out of interest, surrender to who?

The EU has just said that NO extension will be given UNLESS the withdrawl agreement is passed before 12 th April. 

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

Just out of interest, surrender to who?

The EU`s demands of the backstop 

It’s not just an EU demand, it’s something supported by the UK government also, as a signatory to the Belfast Agreement.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It’s not just an EU demand, it’s something supported by the UK government also, as a signatory to the Belfast Agreement.

Isn't it mind blowing that while Dominic Raab was trying to negotiate the UK's exit from the EU, he hadn't even read the Belfast Agreement. It's not even a long document, it's only 35 pages long.

15 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

The EU has just said that NO extension will be given UNLESS the withdrawl agreement is passed before 12 th April. 

Lol.

No, what they actually said was that they would not give another  short term extension if the withdrawal agreement is not passed by April 12.

It is either ‘get it sorted’ by April 12 or face a long extension to sort things out properly and introduce some stability.