Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

3 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

I find the hypocrisy amusing.  Your inability to answer the simple argument proves that I have the correct assertion.

You are wasting your time if you are expecting a reply and you know the reason why.

Edited by hauxwell

27 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

You are wasting your time if you are expecting a reply and you know the reason why.

I find it amusing how the likes of you have been banging on about sovereignty and the moment Parliament actually exercises it but in the way it disagrees with you, you all blow a gasket. Just pathetic. 

Not a single leaver can say why all of a sudden Parliament exercising its sovereignty  is now a bad thing.  Instead, they decide to call MPs traitors which is hilarious because their grasp of their own language is so poor, they can't even use the word properly.

Poorly educated as the demographic description of the voters continues to prove.

Edited by ez8004

2 hours ago, L00b said:

A fitting article, for the day that's in it.

It's a good article and so accurately expressed. 

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

It's a good article and so accurately expressed. 

As I said earlier, don’t blame the politicians, blame the idiots who voted for Brexit and put them in an impossible position.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As I said earlier, don’t blame the politicians, blame the idiots who voted for Brexit and put them in an impossible position.

I think that's unfair. The blame should lie with those who conned the electorate about what the EU represented and what Brexit would look like.

9 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I think that's unfair. The blame should lie with those who conned the electorate about what the EU represented and what Brexit would look like.

I agree. It’s not unreasonable to think a billboard from a political campaign will contain more truth than one for cat food. But as the article pointed out very well, Leave had a 30 year head start with the eu receiving vilification (let’s call it what it is - lies) from the press for years. If you read th express for 30 years (Christ what a thought) you’d think you’d know everything you need to know about the corrupt (trademark angelfire) EU. You wouldn’t think it was all lies.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Who is going to help build this country up? Is any of the current shower filling you with confidence? I wouldn't trust them to run a bath let alone our country.

And what was wrong with it before hand?

No deal isn't simple. It's really, really complicated and our government aren't up to the task of sorting it out.

I think you need to brace yourself for one. Vote for someone new if there is one though. None of them current incumbents deserve your vote.

Couldnt agree more . The whole lot of them are pathetic . Brexit long since ceased to be about what the public voted for . Its all about MP`s jockeying for position to further their career when the present house of cards comes tumbling down . There are more snakes in the commons than in a reptile house at the zoo. 

29 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

You are right of course, but there is very little known now that people weren't warned about before the vote.

Too many people responded to dog whistle slogans and fake news and didn't take the time to find out whether they were being lied to or not. But yes, those who propagated those lies in the first place need to take the lions share of the blame.

Leave voters like to portray themselves as people who stuck two fingers up to the establishment but in reality it is they who were played by a particularly nasty and self serving section of the establishment.

17 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Will you be rioting or do expect somebody else to do it for you?

I will be doing what I can but being severely disabled, rioting is out for me. 

I had to make my own arrangements to have three people assist me to go and put my cross on the paper to vote leave but it appears to have counted for nothing. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

15 hours ago, bendix said:

If the far right never vote again, that will surely make the whole Brexit debacle very much worthwhile.

Unexpected benefits, and all that sort of thing.

You need to read more carefully.  I never said that they would never vote again.  I said they would never vote for the main parties again.  If you see that as something to celebrate, it is not just your reading that is amiss. 

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Further civil unrest?

Are you joking? The last Brexit Betrayal march in London got less than 700 people and the Brexit Betrayal march is now struggling to get 100 people per day. The far right has always struggled at getting people on the street. The EDL only got reasonable numbers when their 'demos' were sold a coke and alcohol-fuelled parties with the promise of a bit of a ruck with 'the commies'

No, what will happen is a lot of angry stuff on social media and an upsurge in death threats to certain public figures. Expect the police to be very busy arresting stupid, angry people posting stupid, angry stuff on their facebooks in their real names!

Meanwhile, the rest of the nation will breathe a huge sigh of relief. 🙂👍

Death to democracy, chin chin. 

13 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

What REALLY annoys me about Brexiteers banging on about "voters losing respect for democracy" is that it forgets that whatever happens a significant %age of the population will lose respect for democracy. I have already lost faith in British democracy because (if Brexit goes ahead) permanent political power has been achieved by lying. But that`s only the start of it, a high %age of young voters have lost faith in democracy because they were too young to vote at the referendum and are having to put up with something for which there is no longer a majority in this country. Basically they`re being dragged out of the EU on the votes of people who aren`t even here any more.

permanent political power has been achieved by lying :

wpb492454e_01_1a.jpg

Both sides lied but one side got to use millions of public money in the process too.  

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Repeating that will not make it more likely.

The EU will not allow it to happen and nor will the UK Parliament. The most likely outcome is a delay of a year or more.

You are correct if course.  The EU has made itself a liar with it's 'we must respect the outcome of the referendum', along with the main parties. 

Teresa May wants to bring her deal back to the Commons for a fourth attempt at winning MPs backing.  

Its looks as though she will just try to keep going until she gets one passed.