Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In other news, either Angela Smith is right and Sheffield is now a Remain city or Brexiteers have become totally demoralised if tonight's Question Time from Sheffield is any indication.

You do realise that it is a show dont you and as such is for entertainment?

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

You do realise that it is a show dont you and as such is for entertainment?

I do but going back to the bias question, the BBC puts a lot of effort into audience selection for Question Time to ensure a politically balanced audience. Either they couldn't find many people prepared to admit that they voted leave or those who were in the audience were feeling dejected at having to cancel their 'Freedom Day' parties. 😉

29 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In other news, either Angela Smith is right and Sheffield is now a Remain city or Brexiteers have become totally demoralised if tonight's Question Time from Sheffield is any indication.

Despite Fiona Bruce asking more than once for more contributions from Leave supporters, I can only remember two, one being a bloke in a red top saying that the two main parties will lose a lot of votes to UKIP and Farage's party and a woman in a lilac top who said that it was a disgrace that we weren't leaving tomorrow.

None of the usual booing at any mention of a second referendum and cheering anyone who said that 'the people had spoken'.

Yes it was quite amazing.  I have not witnessed ever an episode so devoid of life and of interesting characters on the panel.  And all on the eve of when we are supposed to be leaving the EU with or without a deal.  I'm glad you noticed this extremely strange phenomenon.  If anyone would have asked me, I would have thought it would have been impossible to engineer, or at least hoped so anyway. 

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I do but going back to the bias question, the BBC puts a lot of effort into audience selection for Question Time to ensure a politically balanced audience. Either they couldn't find many people prepared to admit that they voted leave or those who were in the audience were feeling dejected at having to cancel their 'Freedom Day' parties. 😉

Will you be having an opposite of freedom day party? 

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Edited by Lex Luthor
Getting message from forum saying previous message has been restored.

12 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

If May's deal fails again I may raise a small glass of whiskey to to the beginning of the end for Brexit! 👍

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If May's deal fails again I may raise a small glass of whiskey to to the beginning of the end for Brexit! 👍

And the beginning of the move to the far right, further civil unrest, and the end of democracy.  Cheers. 

4 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

And the beginning of the move to the far right, further civil unrest, and the end of democracy.  Cheers. 

Nonsense.  The far right have always been a minor player in UK political life and always will be.  Don’t confuse being noisy on social media - something the NF never had - with political impact. 

if the awfull deal goes through , then buy a used car only don't give them the ammo to sell us a new car hit em where it hurts ,  remember no new car sales  buy one that's less than 3 years old 

2 hours ago, bendix said:

Nonsense.  The far right have always been a minor player in UK political life and always will be.  Don’t confuse being noisy on social media - something the NF never had - with political impact. 

You are extremely naive and under-estimate the feelings of more than half of the country who feel betrayed by the traditional parties and will neither trust nor vote for them ever again. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

7 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Project fear 😱😝

Just now, melthebell said:

Project fear 😱😝

Yes, the media are very much to blame also. 

8 hours ago, apelike said:

Cameron did a runner because he f"£$%^ up and not to renege on his promise, but to allow someone else to carry it out. He never knew of what was to come with the Miller case.

What sequence of events? He did a treasury analysis of what he thought would happen in the event of a leave vote so nothing else needed to be taken into account.. Project Fear it was.

As I explained a lot of it could still come true and is guaranteed with a no deal. Is that project fear?

Yes it was quite amazing.  I have not witnessed ever an episode so devoid of life and of interesting characters on the panel.  And all on the eve of when we are supposed to be leaving the EU with or without a deal.  I'm glad you noticed this extremely strange phenomenon.  If anyone would have asked me, I would have thought it would have been impossible to engineer, or at least hoped so anyway. 

Nothing amazing about it.

The penny has dropped and leave got completely mullered.

The momentum is with remain, no two ways about it.

Will you be rioting or do expect somebody else to do it for you?

5 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Yes, the media are very much to blame also. 

The media are the architects of this sorry mess, years of hordes of eu migrants are coming for your money stories have whittled away the general public tolerance and now caused deep divisions which will never go away. We have a divided nation built on project fear 😠