Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

14 minutes ago, Longcol said:

It will be able to operate - just not host copyrighted material without payments to the people who hold the copyright.

Trials in Germany and Spain of the EU copyright directives, in which websites and search engines have to pay to link to news stories, resulted in decreased traffic to small and large news websites and a total refusal to pay for licences. Small, less well known news sites suffered the most.

Under this EU directive, Sheffield forum will have to pay to allow forum contributors to link to news articles on other sites. Is this sustainable? Better just to block linking altogether. EU censorship.

Edited by Car Boot

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Trials in Germany and Spain of the EU copyright directives, in which websites and search engines have to pay to link to news stories, resulted in decreased traffic to small and large news websites and a total refusal to pay for licences. Small, less well known news sites suffered the most.

Under this EU directive, Sheffield forum will have to pay to allow forum contributors to link to news articles on other sites. Is this sustainable? Better just to block linking altogether. EU censorship.

Again - link please - your previous  gizmodo link doesn't say this.

And doesn't it say each EU country has 2 years to improve on the legislation - so it's not finalised.

ps - nice to see you sticking up for mega rich Google - makes a change from the pro-Brexit hedge funds 😎

Edited by Longcol

On 22/03/2019 at 20:20, Mister Gee said:

Prior to today you'd not said a dicky bird on this thread, it's clear who have got their knickers in a twist and it ain't the people who sided with remain.

On the contrary Mr Gee,  I don't always have time to come on this site, so no my knickers aren't in a twist, just because I begin posting here now and again, which I am entitled to do. Unless you remainers want to curtail that right also. I have noticed Remainers always jump to a lot of conclusions, in addition to believing rubbish  about a Brexit Doomsday cliff-edge ...same as the Millennium bug lot did.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Here is a for instance. UK planes are certified to fly through EASA. the European Air Safety Authority. If we fall out of EASA without replacing it, air travel in UK registered aircraft becomes at best very difficult and at worst illegal. Any airline, passenger, holiday company or airport then has a strong case for damages against the UK government which wouldn't have a defence that they did not know that this would happen.

Rubbish. You have now replaced could with if. 

Some information on the above:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/flights-to-and-from-the-uk-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/flights-to-and-from-the-uk-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

On 22/03/2019 at 20:30, Top Cats Hat said:

I take it that that comment is a joke?

I wish it were Top Cats Hat, alas not the main message, no.  I hear a lot of things, being connected to the law, about the seriousness of the threat. The 'net and social media is also there as evidence for ordinary folk to see, together with threats to politicians and connected persons.  (Agreed some are nuts to make open threats, and they are probably loners at home) but the quiet non posting  organised ones are determined individuals, as in any movement, these are those the police are always worried about and are taking precautions against by warning MPs etc.  As I saw in Belfast, once the fighting is started by the extremists, ordinary passionate folk join in.  With passions the way they are at present  in this country, civil unrest can't be ruled out, in fact quite the opposite.  Hence the preparations in the underground bunker and generally.  Don't be lulled into a false sense of security because we've been relatively peaceful since the miner's strikes.  My educated guess is, far right and ordinary passionate Brexiteers have laid low while ever T May and Tories have seemed to be upholding Brexit vote within their powers to do, but since the parliamentary process has been hi-jacked by remain MPs aided and abetted by remain media, there are rustlings.

On 22/03/2019 at 20:34, apelike said:

I did read that it may have been influenced by bots but for the life of me cant find where so until I find the details please ignore what I wrote as it was not done maliciously. 

I saw a leftist and 'in the know' commentator (who is usually knowledgeable) on the Sky Press Preview programme say the petition had been pumped up by folk using several email accounts each.  Perfectly possible.  Make of his comment what you will. Most folk have several email accounts.

On 22/03/2019 at 21:18, ez8004 said:

Revoke A50 Petition = 3,730,471 (as of 21:12)

No Deal Brexit on 29th March = 392,966 (as of 21:12)

I think the remainers are driving the political process.  The PM has delayed Brexit from the 29th March.  A date she has previously said will not move.  The PM can't even guarantee that her deal will even get voted on in Parliament next week.  If you think the remainers are panicking, you are sadly mistaken.

As for the law, it said we would leave on the 29th March.  It isn’t happening is it?

The sleeping giant hasn't been awakened yet, because things have gone it's way so far.

As for the law......five words.....Parliamentary process has been hijacked.

The law may be changed by instrument on 27th to change the date of Brexit, the 29th does not change until that takes place.

On 22/03/2019 at 21:26, Magilla said:

At the last election, the will of the people was for a hung parliament. A hung parliament frustrates our EU exit. Voters knew that.

Since the election, the 'will of the people' was always to derail Brexit.

At the last election voters didn't want to pay even more for their elderly relatives' residential nursing care, which T May announced she was to bring in (stupid timing on her part to my mind) and that lost her the votes she lost, nothing else.  She rather naively thought she could just slip that piece of legislation in unnoticed, because she was so sure of getting a huge mandate due to Brexit promises. Instead the canny voters (who are all now going for the equity release thing to make sure their homes can't be sold by Councils for care) rebelled, giving themselves more time to arrange equity release.  With most ordinary voters  it's pocket first, country second.  Remainers know this, which is why they put out the propaganda they do about jobs and higher prices.

On 22/03/2019 at 21:26, Magilla said:

At the last election, the will of the people was for a hung parliament. A hung parliament frustrates our EU exit. Voters knew that.

Since the election, the 'will of the people' was always to derail Brexit.

At the last election voters didn't want to pay even more for their elderly relatives' residential nursing care, which T May announced she was to bring in (stupid timing on her part to my mind) and that lost her the votes she lost, nothing else.  She rather naively thought she could just slip that piece of legislation in unnoticed, because she was so sure of getting a huge mandate due to Brexit promises. Instead the canny voters (who are all now going for the equity release thing to make sure their homes can't be sold by Councils for care) rebelled, giving themselves more time to arrange equity release.  With most ordinary voters  it's pocket first, country second.  Remainers know this, which is why they put out the propaganda they do about jobs and higher prices.

On 22/03/2019 at 21:51, Top Cats Hat said:

One of the demographics which turned the leave vote were people who hadn't bothered to vote before and registered solely to partake in the referendum. 

Unfortunately the other traits of this demographic is that they tend to be poor, are poorly educated, tend to dislike immigrants, tend not to join a trade union, tend not to involve themselves in community matters, tend to blame others for their failings in life and refuse to take any responsibility for their own situation.

If we were to rely on these vocal Brexiteers for a resurgence in UK enterprise and industry we will be waiting for a very long time.

"Unfortunately the other traits of this demographic is that they tend to be poor, are poorly educated, tend to dislike immigrants,"

That is the belief of Remainers because they don't like the reality.  A lot of Brexit voters are well educated, not poor, and don't dislike immigrants, all just like myself.  We also understand the economics.  We are worried about numbers, not race or creed, which is why we welcome educated experienced foreigners who we need. We are a relatively small country in landmass, and more uncontrolled numbers mean more houses,  (not to mention jobs) and less green fields on which to  grow food by which to maintain independence and trade with the outside. Uncontrolled immigration into the UK, especially after the latest round of mass migration into Europe,  would mean having to accept into UK any recent immigrants who went to  EU Europe after getting their French and German etc citizenship in a few years' time, in addition all the ones coming after that too, plus all the immigrants from French etc colonies who have French citizenship, i.e no choice who comes here on numbers.  Mind-blowingly irresponsible for our economy, with a limited supply of jobs.

Has no one noticed that remainers mostly consist of immigrants, folk related to immigrants, folks married to immigrants, business  with export licenses, or Coronation St. Mavis types who are scared by anything, particularly change. Immigrants don't want to pull up the drawbridge.

Whilst Brexiteers are mostly made up of Brits who were around when we were taken in illegally without a Referendum by Ted Heath, and were not told before the 'Stay In' Referendum  by Labour Gov't that we were headed for a federalist EU.  It was a trading community only then.  The 2016 Referendum was the first time those original voters have had their say, knowing about the federalist intentions of the EU.  And considering a lot of them had died in the meantime, 17.4 million leave votes spoke loudly.

Today I feel is where a decision about this sorry state of affairs will be indicated. What are people currently expecting that the House of Commons will come up with? Mind - I am not asking what you want the outcome to be, merely what the HoC will do.

"what are people expecting...?"

More unicorns.

Edited by ads36