Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, lottiecass said:

It was a leave or remain vote, both sides have the blame for mis truths. 

i never mentioned a side, but i do think leave lied more now you mention it, and thats why i want a second referendum, as it ws based on lies (both sides), very undemocratic

28 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yeah  I keep hearing this a lot.

Based on what though?   Selective polling means nothing.  For years election polls are routinely attacked for not being a genuine represenation and subject to massive bias or erronious calculation.       Suddenly they are right just because it supports your stance?     Hmmmm..

http://www.britishpollingcouncil.org/performance-of-the-polls-in-the-eu-referendum/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/24/how-eu-referendum-pollsters-wrong-opinion-predict-close

Of course, we now have the great "petition" which is so significant.    But is it though?      Yes its certainly had a massive number of signatures - probably one of the highest in history and yes it did close out at over 5.2 million.     However, 33 million voted in the referendum.  16.1 voting for remain.  What the hell happened to the other 10+ million remainers.   Where was their signature on this oh so important petition eh? 

This petition equates to barely 30% of the original number of people who voted remain in the referendum.   Is that really enough to get MPs to stand up and take notice as the organiser blabs on about.   Does that really demonstrate this huge dramatic shift towards remain as you seem to think?

Have another vote then. What you frightened of? the last one was nearly 3 years ago, things have changed since then.

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

This petition equates to barely 30% of the original number of people who voted remain in the referendum.   Is that really enough to get MPs to stand up and take notice as the organiser blabs on about.   Does that really demonstrate this huge dramatic shift towards remain as you seem to think?

People's Vote march 1 million+ people.

Brexit Betrayal march 137 people.

Revoke Article 50 petition 5.3 million signatures.

Leave Now petition 500,000.

So tell me again how many people support leaving the EU in 2019?

44 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

People's Vote march 1 million+ people.

Revoke Article 50 petition 5.3 million signatures.

Peoples vote march 1 million losers, bad losers at that.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

People don’t need to march or post to an online petition. Britain is leaving the EU. It’s already happening.

22 minutes ago, Happ said:

People don’t need to march or post to an online petition. Britain is leaving the EU. It’s already happening.

When will that be then? 😂

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

When will that be then? 😂

Clearly you missed the point of my reply.

8 hours ago, lottiecass said:

It was a leave or remain vote, both sides have the blame for mis truths. 

What mistruths on the remain side? It’s all coming true

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

i never mentioned a side, but i do think leave lied more now you mention it, 

I think the leave campaigns have been fined a few times.  Not sure if any remain campaigns have.

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

I think the leave campaigns have been fined a few times.  Not sure if any remain campaigns have.

I don't think they have, but i do think possible mistruths did eminate from the government at the time, but i don't think they were deliberate lies, more like over exaggerations?

Edited by melthebell

I've listened to a lot of debates on Radio 5 over the last few weeks; the Brexiteers claim that leaving with no deal won't present any major problems and we'll have a smooth transition whilst the remainers always predict it will be a catastrophe, leading to some kind of Armageddon for this country. There have also been impartial political analysts giving a more objective view who say the truth is somewhere in-between and both sides have been exaggerating. They say there would be problems and difficulties if we left without a deal but they wouldn't be nearly as bad as the remainers are claiming. If leaving the EU is going to be so disastrous, I wonder why we were given the referendum in the first place and how did we get into a situation where we're so reliant on being trapped inside this protection racket where we have to pay £9 billion a year to trade with a trading bloc with which we have an annual deficit of £62 billion a year?

7 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I've listened to a lot of debates on Radio 5 over the last few weeks; the Brexiteers claim that leaving with no deal won't present any major problems and we'll have a smooth transition whilst the remainers always predict it will be a catastrophe, leading to some kind of Armageddon for this country. There have also been impartial political analysts giving a more objective view who say the truth is somewhere in-between and both sides have been exaggerating. They say there would be problems and difficulties if we left without a deal but they wouldn't be nearly as bad as the remainers are claiming. If leaving the EU is going to be so disastrous, I wonder why we were given the referendum in the first place and how did we get into a situation where we're so reliant on being trapped inside this protection racket where we have to pay £9 billion a year to trade with a trading bloc with which we have an annual deficit of £62 billion a year?

Well you’ve got 6 threads available to read, understand and gather the answers you seek.