Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

4 hours ago, Cyclone said:

The legislation doesn't have any impact on the status of the referendum.  It was enacted because of the results of the not legally binding referendum which itself remains not legally binding.

The UK and EU cannot continue trading on that basis legally without a treaty in place to do so, there is no sign that we would have such a treaty, or that such a treaty is even possible.  Certainly the EU would not accept any such treaty unless we continue to abide by a whole host of other things which we will have at that point left.

That is hilarious, carry on nit picking, if that is your bag.

The UK and EU can continue trading on the same basis as they do now in the event of a no deal Brexit.  If you don't believe me, then I suggest you contact the World Trade Organisation.

No they really can't. That's the problem.

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If you don't believe me, then I suggest you contact the World Trade Organisation.

Which is what the British government will have to do in the event of a no deal exit from the EU. Despite what we are repeatedly told by ignorant Brextremists, WTO rules aren't a series of default tarriffs, they are something which have to be applied for and agreed with the WTO.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

You realise that UK MPs can't tell the EU what to do right?

You do realise that not all options available need consent from the EU right?

The only option not needing consent from the EU is revocation

40 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The UK and EU can continue trading on the same basis as they do now in the event of a no deal Brexit.  If you don't believe me, then I suggest you contact the World Trade Organisation.

No we can’t carry on exactly as now with no deal. 

Sorry, but seriously we can’t.

Please stop lying.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I contacted them, they wanted to know why you thought they'd offer anything close to free trade?

No Deal next Friday 

Tick Tock Tick Tock 

Edited by Penistone999

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think of predictions of empty food shelves is eminently sensible.

Since you believe that, what stocking up have you done, for if we crash out in 9 days? How long have planned for your emergency stockpile to last?

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Again, it is the government planning for these scenarios. There is no point you lashing out at posters who are stating that fact, just because it seems you don’t want to believe it.

Same question for you. In knowledge of those facts, what stockpile have you got, to protect your family against the impending empty shops?

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Why on earth is the going going to get tough for me? I'm in a stable democary which isn't destroying itself at the moment.....

As you well know by reading my reply I didnt say it was going to get tough for you because you have left, I said you left because it was going to get tough for you.

As for proving it - right back at your assertions. However I've given reasons for mine you've not been able to refute so I think on that point the ball is in your court.

You are doing nothing but crystal ball gazing as you cannot know what will happen but only guess.

1 hour ago, ez8004 said:

You do realise that not all options available need consent from the EU right?

Perhaps you could explain what options dont need EU approval as that would make discussion easier.

Edited by apelike

19 minutes ago, woodview said:

Since you believe that, what stocking up have you done, for if we crash out in 9 days? How long have planned for your emergency stockpile to last?

I don't need to. It's not going to happen.

When the TUC and CBI put out joint statements, we really are at crisis point and I think the most likely thing in the limited time remaining is that Article 50 is revoked by a Statutory Instrument.

The whining from Leave voters will be drowned out by the clamour from the majority of the population to do something and do it quickly.

Yesterday Labour MP, Wes Streeting accused the Prime Minister of  raising the physical  threat towards MP last night with her speech to the nation.

Today Brighton MP was attacked in his constituency https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17518776.lloyd-russell-moyle-attacked-in-brighton-over-brexit/

Anna Soubry has been advised not to go home due to death threats which are credible

Well done Theresa - all to appease the ERG