Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

24 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

One of the things that Parliament could insist upon to a new government, could be that parliament wants to be included with/take over any further negotiations. 

Parliament cannot insist anything on a new government as even with a new parliament it will still have to go through the parliamentary process. Just to add... There would be no parliament for 14 days before any GE as it will be dissolved, no parliament = no decisions.

17 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Severe civil disorder is what the government has been preparing for. Plus mitigation for food, fuel and medicine supply disruption, plus a rise in the suicide rate.

You better believe it

Just who are these people who will create this civil disorder? As for food, fuel and medicine I suspect that may have an impact but a rise in the suicide rate is going a bit too far.

Edited by apelike

7 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Yes really. With Waxy Lemon and his mob around I wouldn't rule out troops on the streets before too long. People get very antsy when there is no food in the stores and no end in site to it.

What a load of twaddle. Explain how there will be no food in the stores (or shops as we call them)

The "remain" petition has almost a million votes in a short time.

The "leave without a deal" one running for several weeks only managed 300,000.

The map showing where people are voting is great, Sheffield Hallam leading the way:

https://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=241584

Do you not understand what happens in a no deal Brexit? Do you not realise how food is moved around the country? Are you going to go get it yourself from the big rotting pile of stuff dumped in Dover?

13 minutes ago, apelike said:

Just who are these people who will create this civil disorder? As for food, fuel and medicine I suspect that may have an impact but a rise in the suicide rate is going a bit too far.

Who knows. Many different people if pushed too far could be capable of it, remainers or leavers.

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

Parliament cannot insist anything on a new government as even with a new parliament it will still have to go through the parliamentary process. Just to add... There would be no parliament for 14 days before any GE as it will be dissolved, no parliament = no decisions.

I'm talking about the period of 14 days after a confidence vote, where another government can formed that will "command the confidence of the House" without the need for another General Election.

2 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Do you not understand what happens in a no deal Brexit? Do you not realise how food is moved around the country? Are you going to go get it yourself from the big rotting pile of stuff dumped in Dover?

What size stockpile do you have personally then, if you believe that to be true? How long a supply do I need to buy?

13 minutes ago, woodview said:

What a load of twaddle. Explain how there will be no food in the stores (or shops as we call them)

There will be some food. Whether it is what you normally get.......

1 minute ago, Obelix said:

We dont import all our food and most of what we do import is out of season stuff such as tomatoes, peppers, lettuce etc. Most of the food I have purchased this week is UK grown with the exception of peppers from Spain and strawberries from Morocco.

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The "remain" petition has almost a million votes in a short time.

All they need is another 16 million and they can show it's the way to go..............

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

There will be some food. Whether it is what you normally get.......

explain what won't be there, and why that will cause civil disorder.

The briefing note for a government minister for what to say in interviews this morning;

“Expecting to be asked in interviews that it’s “no-deal if you lose MV3 [a third meaningful vote on the PM’s deal]”, Kwarteng is told to reply “you’re getting ahead of yourselves”.

Elsewhere in the note, headed “top lines and Q&A” it says that if MPs reject the PM’s deal again, “MPs will have to decide how to proceed”. There is no suggestion that a no-deal Brexit is the automatic consequence.”

Couple this with what EU leaders have been saying, the revocation of A50 seems a reasonable outcome. 

1 minute ago, woodview said:

What size stockpile do you have personally then, if you believe that to be true? How long a supply do I need to buy?

You assume that I've been stupid enough to stay in the UK while all this goes down :)