Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

Just now, FinBak said:

We make nice cheese though Mel..;) No need for that foreign crap.!

i dunno, eurotrash was great cheese back in the day lol

11 minutes ago, woodview said:

#299 is very clear in what you were saying.

Neither the Electricity nor the Card Payments story are valid now. I don't know why you would do that.

Are you on the sauce or something?

#299 links you to HMG notice about power supply in the Brexit context, which clearly and plainly states a real power supply problem for NI in case of no deal

#299 also mentions that the genny barge story was in last year's papers, an example of which I then linked you to.

I've seen plenty of cognitive dissonance on display by Brexiters on here and elsewhere, but that last post of yours is.... :shocked:

10 minutes ago, woodview said:

Ardent Remainers have massively weakened the negotiating position, shooting their own country in the foot.

You never had a 'negotiating position' (and you were explained so before the referendum, but 'German car manufacturers' LOL!)

Just delusions of grandeur and the overdeveloped sense of entitlement that goes with them, held by some amongst the 52%.

Are you enjoying your humility lesson yet? Because it looks like not :(

Edited by L00b

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

Are you on the sauce or something?

#299 links you to HMG notice about power supply in the Brexit context, which clearly and plainly states a real power supply problem for NI in case of no deal

#299 also mentions that the genny barge story was in last year's papers, an example of which I then linked you to.

You've posted links and sumarised them, as if they are happening.

They aren't. However you dress it up, it is painting a false picture.

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

i dunno, eurotrash was great cheese back in the day lol

We make Nice Cars too Mel...Aston Marten. McLaren.  We have plenty to offer the WORLD.

14 minutes ago, woodview said:

Ardent Remainers have massively weakened the negotiating position, shooting their own country in the foot.

Don't be ridiculous. Our negotiating position was determined by economic factors largely beyond our control once Article 50 was triggered.

Leaving the EU was always a dumb idea whatever way you look at it, but the problem Brexiters have is they think the 2016 referendum result was proof that it was not a dumb idea.

At least some are coming to that realisation now.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don't be ridiculous. Our negotiating position was determined by economic factors largely beyond our control once Article 50 was triggered.

Leaving the EU was always a dumb idea whatever way you look at it, but the problem Brexiters have is they think the 2016 referendum result was proof that it was not a dumb idea.

At least some are coming to that realisation now.

The over-egging of project fear, and no-deal Armageddon stories, pushed out by government, made it clear to the eu how much it was feared. That isn't how to conduct a negotiation.

If you've ever done any of any significance you'll know, surely.

13 minutes ago, woodview said:

You've posted links and sumarised them, as if they are happening.

They aren't. However you dress it up, it is painting a false picture.

Yeah, that really looks like me "saying it as if it's happening":

4 hours ago, L00b said:

1st bit in bold: neither for Remainers nor Brexiters in Northern Ireland (unless HMG bought and setup those floating generators yet?)

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

Yeah, that really looks like me "saying it as if it's happening":

:rolleyes:

The picture you were trying to paint is perfectly clear to anyone reading what you posted. It is now also perfectly clear those things aren't happening at all.

Or were you just trying to point out scare stories that haven't come to fruition after all?

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Farage's march is insignificant.

It's the numbers of people prepared to vote for him and his anti-Brexit party that are significant, especially in the event that Brexit is cancelled by the powers that be.

Farage has an anti-Brexit party?

Hes more confused than you it seems 😉

32 minutes ago, woodview said:

The over-egging of project fear, and no-deal Armageddon stories, pushed out by government, made it clear to the eu how much it was feared. That isn't how to conduct a negotiation.

Tell us a bit about Project Unicorn

38 minutes ago, woodview said:

You're normally fairly measured but thats horse ****.

Brexitèers have had all the cards, and key positions (David Davies anyone?) but have thrown those cards on the floor like drunk chimps. Blame lies completely with leavers.

Not my fault you lot haven't had, and indeed still haven't got, anything resembling a plan.

EDIT - looks like May is asking for an extension. I'll give her credit, she clearly doesn't care what she looks like to the rest of the world. 

BBC News - Brexit: Theresa May to formally ask for delay
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47627744

Edited by tinfoilhat

25 minutes ago, woodview said:

Most if not all negotiations I have been involved in have started from a position of reasonably equal standing. 

The most notable exception to this was when I was negotiating terms and conditions for my members during the letting of local authority contracts during Thatcher's Compulsory Competitive Tendering years. We were basically told that if the services were to be kept in house, we would have to work greater hours for less money. If we didn't agree to this the authority would lose the contract to a private firm and we'd all be working even greater hours for even less money. This wasn't a negotiating ploy. We had already seen hundreds of private companies winning council contracts by slashing terms and conditions of their workers.

The UK negotiators are in a similaly unequal position in Brussels. Leaving the EU will do so much damage to the UK that we are in no postion to do anything other than accept whatever deal we are offered. Barnier and Juncker are not stupid. They know that the EU has all the cards and really don't need Remainers to tell them that.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Leavers started off with no position to negotiate from - that was the problem - there wasn't a Plan A, let alone a Plan B.

And now they are looking to blame anyone else - last I heard it was Lord Lucan's fault!