Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

12 minutes ago, L00b said:

I'm not implying anything: it's in black and white in HMG's own notice.

And hardly news: the stories about HMG planning barge-mounted gennys to maintain supply capacity in NI go back to last autumn.

I guess the issue got cognitive dissonance-suppressed as just more 'Project Fear', like everything else in the preparation notices, as usual.

Funny how these issues are all coming true one after the other, lately. As time goes on, I'm seeing less and less "let's just go out without a deal" posts and comments here and elsewher, so perhaps reality is dawning at last.

Are these barge-mounted gennys in place now then? You'd have imagined it would be plastered all over the news, they love a bit of that kind of stuff. Unless it's not actually true.........

25 minutes ago, woodview said:

Are these barge-mounted gennys in place now then? You'd have imagined it would be plastered all over the news, they love a bit of that kind of stuff. Unless it's not actually true.........

Don't know. And care even less, would you believe :lol:

Edited by L00b

58 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

How many on Farage’s March today?

Farage's march is insignificant.

It's the numbers of people prepared to vote for him and his anti-Brexit party that are significant, especially in the event that Brexit is cancelled by the powers that be.

Just now, L00b said:

Don't know. And care even less, would you believe :lol:

Google is your friend :)

You cared enough to post the story......

There aren't any of these floating generators in place. So, either the story is fake, or they are going to have blackouts. Which is your money on?

14 minutes ago, woodview said:

You cared enough to post the story......

There aren't any of these floating generators in place. So, either the story is fake, or they are going to have blackouts. Which is your money on?

I posted in reply to lil-minx92 that power supply in NI was at risk in case of no deal Brexit, with an anecdote that HMG was planning to set up generator barges last year, with an open query about what was the progress on that front:

1st bit in bold: neither for Remainers nor Brexiters in Northern Ireland (unless HMG bought and setup those floating generators yet?)

post 269, feel free to check.

You then queried the NI power supply risk (beside other).

I then linked you to HMG's own, official preparation notice on the topic.

And now you're accusing me of making up a fake story about the barges, when it was a government leak all over the papers last year?

Previous government leaks have suggested that a flotilla of electricity generators on barges could be sent to Northern Ireland if the UK crashed out of the EU.

Do you really think I need to invent stuff like that, with how you've been handling Brexit, and still are? :lol:

Edited by L00b

I voted LEAVE 2 years ago.  I'm sick and tired of hearing about the whole fiasco.

We should leave. We don't need ANY Deals. This is BRITAIN....It's us that call the shots.

1 minute ago, FinBak said:

This is BRITAIN....It's us that call the shots.

Yes, it really looks like that in Westminster and Brussels! 😂

5 minutes ago, FinBak said:

I voted LEAVE 2 years ago.  I'm sick and tired of hearing about the whole fiasco.

We should leave. We don't need ANY Deals. This is BRITAIN....It's us that call the shots.

we cant even tie our shoelaces 😂

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, it really looks like that in Westminster and Brussels! 😂

Perhaps i should have said...'Should'. 

10 minutes ago, L00b said:

I posted in reply to lil-minx92 that power supply in NI was at risk in case of no deal Brexit, with an anecdote that HMG was planning to set up generator barges last year, with an open query about what was the progress on that front:

post 269, feel free to check.

You then queried the NI power supply risk (beside other).

#299 is very clear in what you were saying.

Neither the Electricity nor the Card Payments story are valid now. I don't know why you would do that.

Just now, melthebell said:

we cant even tie our shoelaces 😂

We make nice cheese though Mel..;) No need for that foreign crap.!

1 minute ago, FinBak said:

Perhaps i should have said...'Should'. 

Ardent Remainers have massively weakened the negotiating position, shooting their own country in the foot.