Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Ooh we'll be able to see real live forummers turning gammon right in front of our eyes

what does gammon mean?

17 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

what does gammon mean?

It's a derogatory phrase used my a minority of people, who want to imply that people who support brexit are Gammon faced old white men, going blotchy red when infuriated.

It's in the pack of phrases to slip in, such as xenophobia, racist etc

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

BRILLIANT I'll be watching! 

Might be funnier than the Nick Griffin episode, still got that on dvd lol

May to ask for Brexit delay to end of June.

So what happened to “we will be leaving the EU on 29th March”.

We might get a second referendum yet😂

2 hours ago, davyboy said:

Oh when will this farce end?

10 days time hopefully thenits party time :banana:

12 minutes ago, woodview said:

It's a derogatory phrase used my a minority of people, who want to imply that people who support brexit are Gammon faced old white men, going blotchy red when infuriated.

Women tend to be called 'gamonettes' and read this weekly mag:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1366&bih=651&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=aSORXOyaFJur1fAP0tONgAk&q=gammonette&oq=gammonette&gs_l=img.3..0i24.3781.3781..5250...0.0..0.95.95.1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.upfYmd1SUo4#imgrc=H3bI9X5G0QV5wM: 

Edited by Mister M

11 minutes ago, woodview said:

It’s also damned funny. And accurate. 

Little known fact: it has been used for over 150 years for exactly the same use. It was first coined by Charles Dickens in Pickwick Papers to describe a blustering ‘god and nation’ politician in the novel. 

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I think 'tend' is a stretch. I've never heard it until you've just said it. I've never heard the phrase 'gammon' even , in real life, only in the swamps of forums.

Just now, woodview said:

I think 'tend' is a stretch. I've never heard it until you've just said it. I've never heard the phrase 'gammon' even , in real life, only in the swamps of forums.

Loads of people use the term gammon. It's as popular as 'snowflake', 'SJW', though not as popular as 'politically correct liberal elite'.

5 minutes ago, bendix said:

It’s also damned funny. And accurate. 

Little known fact: it has been used for over 150 years for exactly the same use. It was first coined by Charles Dickens in Pickwick Papers to describe a blustering ‘god and nation’ politician in the novel. 

News flash. 51% of the electorate aren't white middle aged men. So not particularly accurate. But feel free to carry on with racial stereotyping if you find it funny.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Loads of people use the term gammon. It's as popular as 'snowflake', 'SJW', though not as popular as 'politically correct liberal elite'.

Depends what 'loads' means. But my comment was referring to gammonette, which just seems even more silly.

Edited by woodview

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

News flash. 51% of the electorate aren't white middle aged men. So not particularly accurate. But feel free to carry on with racial stereotyping if you find it funny.

Depends what 'loads' means.

Gammon isn't a race.

Saturday will see yet another 'People's Vote' March (Put it to the People) in central London. Waitrose car parks have already been booked for coaches to pick up the middle class protesters. But who are the rich corporate elite who control the campaign?

"Meet the suits behind the 'People's Vote' campaign and 'Open Britain'.

HELEN FIELD reveals that despite calling for a 'people's vote', the corporate elite backing the leading anti-Brexit campaign are about as far away from 'the people' as you can get.

INFORMATION from Companies House reveals a rich elite that includes Tory, Lib Dem and right-wing Labour politicians, company directors, and chairmen of global corporations, are giving huge support to the so-called People’s Vote campaign to hold a second EU referendum in the hope of stopping Brexit."

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/meet-suits-behind-people’s-vote-campaign-and-open-britain