Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

3 hours ago, apelike said:

All you have to do is look at that companies past history of debt and failure to realise it has nothing to do with brexit. Also this bit I quoted before also explains a lot:

"One of the significant factors in the decision is also the recent directive by the EU that has introduced restrictions on single-use plastic products by 2021."

Its past history of debt and failure is irrelevant: the company was bought out by a new owner in 2017.

With regards to the EU plastics directive, wasn't Brexit supposed to remove such EU constraints on UK manufacturers? Seemingly not, then.

Can I remind you of this you stated:

"Except for the small -and entirely logical- bit, that articles about job losses not directly or indirectly attributable to Brexit are not included in the data."

Which is patently wrong as I have proven and only just touched the surface which you also had partly acknowledged. If some of that data is wrong then the rest can be assumed as suspect.

It clearly isn't wrong, since each of the two articles I picked (at random) in your list clearly referenced Brexit as one of the factors material to the job losses, as I quoted.

You've proven nothing more than your bias, disavowing any relevance of Brexit howsoever so long as there is at least one non-Brexit factor involved. What I stated above, is plainly clear: articles about job losses without Brexit as a direct or indirect factor aren't included (else the list would cover every last job loss in the UK since the referendum, and that runs significantly higher than 217,000 :rolleyes:)

Feel free to continue taking issue with the dataset: it doesn't invalidate the fundamental point that Brexit has already cost thousands upon thousands of jobs (75,000 if you only look at articles giving EU moving/relocation as a factor).

That's my last on this.

Can I remind you of the frequent replies on here that keep telling us that this was just an advisory referendum. :) The voters voted in that advisory referendum and that advise could have been ignored but it wasn't so the government and parliament are the ones responsible and "own it" not me. They started this trip and are also the ones that will end it not me, remain or leave is up to them.

Well, do you support Brexit or not?

Have you not consistently argued and opined in favour of it on here, for the last 2+ years?

You can try and shift the blame on the government and Parliament...but they're only trying to do as you instructed, argued and opined: so you get to wear the outcome just the same...

..unless you only talk the talk, while the going's good?

46 minutes ago, davyboy said:

Oh when will this farce end?

Remember Thatcher and the miners? That long of it to go yet.

Whichever Brexit gets resolved, it will continue to dominate your politics and media for years.

Edited by L00b

I ask Remainers this...

Will you still wake up alive the day after brexit? Will the electricity still be live and gas flowing so you can make your morning coffee and have a hot shower? Will your train still be packed and running comfortingly late to take you to your place of work, which will no doubt still be open, with the phones ringing and your desk where you left it the day before. Will you still be able to pass by Waitrose on the way home and wave a functioning cash card to purchase your cheese and wine to enjoy to a still streaming Netflix box set?  And then to bed with your faithful cat who hasnt gone anywhere either.  Not a bad life!

The same question could be asked to Brexiteers, if we never leave...

5 hours ago, L00b said:

The rethoric in your media is no laughing matter.

Bercow will probably need a protection detail for a while, after this morning's front pages. They're way up there with the earlier "enemies of the people" at Judges.

Beyond disgraceful.

Order!  Order!       

11 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

I ask Remainers this...

Will you still wake up alive the day after brexit? Will the electricity still be live and gas flowing so you can make your morning coffee and have a hot shower? Will your train still be packed and running comfortingly late to take you to your place of work, which will no doubt still be open, with the phones ringing and your desk where you left it the day before. Will you still be able to pass by Waitrose on the way home and wave a functioning cash card to purchase your cheese and wine to enjoy to a still streaming Netflix box set?  And then to bed with your faithful cat who hasnt gone anywhere either.  Not a bad life!

The same question could be asked to Brexiteers, if we never leave..

(in case of no-deal)

1st bit in bold: neither for Remainers nor Brexiters in Northern Ireland (unless HMG bought and setup those floating generators yet?)

2nd & 3rd bits in bold: your mileage may vary in the first week or two, but should be sorted quick-sharp regardless. The issues are, very broadly, jurisdictional scope of B2B & B2C contracts involved, and segregation/localisation of datasets on view of GDPR (+ copyright content & licenses for Netflix). It's very complex. Sufficiently so, for eg the BBC to be looking for an EU office in Amsterdam (& reciprocally for EU27-based providers).

You really should read HMG & the EU's preparedness notices. They weren't put together for the laugh.

Edited by L00b

The parliament ruling to take a no deal off the table is non binding on this government and therefor carries no weight on them so it can easily be ignored.

Yes indeed.. oh dear!

You mean it is like the advisory referendum that landed us in the current situation?

32 minutes ago, L00b said:

(in case of no-deal)

1st bit in bold: neither for Remainers nor Brexiters in Northern Ireland (unless HMG bought and setup those floating generators yet?)

2nd & 3rd bits in bold: your mileage may vary in the first week or two, but should be sorted quick-sharp regardless. The issues are, very broadly, jurisdictional scope of B2B & B2C contracts involved, and segregation/localisation of datasets on view of GDPR (+ copyright content & licenses for Netflix). It's very complex. Sufficiently so, for eg the BBC to be looking for an EU office in Amsterdam (& reciprocally for EU27-based providers).

You really should read HMG & the EU's preparedness notices. They weren't put together for the laugh.

Are you implying the electric will be off in NI post no-deal, and there will be a noticeable operational effect on card payments?

5 minutes ago, mafya said:

Sheffield will be hosting a Brexit special edition of question time, anyone interested in attending as an audience member can apply via a link in the link= https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/sheffield-to-host-brexit-special-question-time-1-9658419

Ooh we'll be able to see real live forummers turning gammon right in front of our eyes

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Ooh we'll be able to see real live forummers turning gammon right in front of our eyes

And others going off in strop if it doesn't go their way 🙂

It says it's on the 28th of March 'on the eve of brexit' , but tactfully not which year.....

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

BRILLIANT I'll be watching! 

17 minutes ago, mafya said:

Sheffield will be hosting a Brexit special edition of question time, anyone interested in attending as an audience member can apply via a link in the link= https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/sheffield-to-host-brexit-special-question-time-1-9658419

Oh no this will be embarrassing...

55 minutes ago, L00b said:

(in case of no-deal)

Eh