Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, L00b said:

You can take issue with the inclusion of the earlier ones, but you don't get to broad-brush away the later ones under the pretext that the earlier ones are included, when the granularity of the data, i.e. the reasons for each set of job losses, clearly allows you to distinguish between them.

I,m using a tablet at the moment but when I get back on the PC I will be better able to analyse that.

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Now then, with Brexit preparations running at £800m per week in the UK, shall we talk about the continually-postponed deficit removal that shoukd have happened by 2017 (or 2019, can't remember off hand)...or the £350m per week to the NHS? ;)

You can if you want but that is not for me as I never saw the advert on the bus till after the referendum as I don't watch TV or read newspapers.

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Show the proof of that then, and I do mean proof and not speculation about what may have occurred.

You know as well as I do that most of the targetted pro-Brexit fake news posted on social media during the referendum campaign originated in either Russia or the United States and that 33% of voters admitted to believing it before discovering  it was fake.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You know as well as I do that most of the targetted pro-Brexit fake news posted on social media during the referendum campaign originated in either Russia or the United States and that 33% of voters admitted to believing it before discovering  it was fake.

Where did you get that idea from? Basically you and others cannot prove how it affected voting habits in the UK. Isn't that 33% also  US data?

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

Where did you get that idea from? Basically you and others cannot prove how it affected voting habits in the UK. Isn't that 33% also  US data?

So you think there was no interference?

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

So you think there was no interference?

No what I think is there is no proof about how much it influenced people especially give the demographics of Facebook etc. It didn't influence me as I'm not on any social media site.

Unlike the fact that many people who moan about the outcome of the vote and could have influenced the vote couldn't be  bothered to vote.

33 minutes ago, apelike said:

You can if you want but that is not for me as I never saw the advert on the bus till after the referendum as I don't watch TV or read newspapers.

But you opined about the haircuts to Councils' budgets that accounted for the Council  job losses. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is attributable to policies for curbing the deficit since 2010, which was supposed to be eradicated by 2017 (or 2019)...until Brexit and its billions for bribing the DUP (twice now), for staffing DExEU, for extra lifting capacity from startups with inexistent ferries but very capable contract lawyers...

9 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I voted Leave to give the UK poor a pay rise,

But you will have done the complete opposite, You profess to to sticking up for the poor, but in actual fact, you have hung them out to dry.

17 hours ago, apelike said:

Ah, its think of the poor now when nobody could give a toss about them before!

I couldn't give a toss about the poor? Really? You don't know me at all with that statement, you have hung them out to dry too. 

52 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

The speaker has ruled the brexit deal cannot be voted on again.

Not strictly true.

The deal cannot be presented to Parliament again if it is unchanged from the last one it voted on.

The EU has been systematically asset stripping the UK for decades by getting British industry to leave the UK and relocate, mostly to other EU member states with the help of EU grants.

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant,  Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.

British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.

Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.

Crown Closures, Bournemout gone to Poland with EU grant.

Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.

Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.

Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding. 

5 minutes ago, Hots on said:

The EU has been systematically asset stripping the UK for decades by getting British industry to leave the UK and relocate, mostly to other EU member states with the help of EU grants.

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.

Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant,  Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.

British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.

Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.

Crown Closures, Bournemout gone to Poland with EU grant.

Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.

Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.

Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.

Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding. 

That list looks copy-pasted from somewhere, different formatting from the opening paragraph. Could we have a link to see where it came from?

Oh, and some evidence of these 'EU grants' to back up your claims, please.

EDIT - never mind, looks like an old anti-EU fabrication.

Edited by L00b

If youre going to copy and paste from other websites can you please also link to or at very least credit the source?

Thank you.

45 minutes ago, L00b said:

But you opined about the haircuts to Councils' budgets that accounted for the Council  job losses. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is attributable to policies for curbing the deficit since 2010, which was supposed to be eradicated by 2017 (or 2019)...

But was it?  George Osborn who became chancellor in 2010 till 2016, known for vastly overstating what would happen in the event of a leave result also stated that the deficit would vanish within 5 years but he was wrong in both cases. In the 2017 Conservative manifesto the Conservatives pledged to eliminate the deficit by the middle of the next decade so it was already known what the situation was.

Edited by apelike