Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

27 minutes ago, L00b said:

Like so many other foretold consequences of Brexit come early, expect it to be either ignored or hand-waved aside, mostly. 

Some might acknowledge it, but then deem it worth the eventual unicorns.

But I expect all Leave voters will be quick to absolve themselves of any responsibility, however partial, for these job losses, and of course blame-shift for all they're worth. Onto the EU, Remoaners, Barnier, Juncker, MPs <etc> even closet hard-Brexiter Theresa May (the irony of which is fall-off-your-chair funny).

To be fair, there’s a few on there that aren’t really brexit related as such.

I was very surprised to see skrettings on that list though!!!

An expert on fruit and veg talking about brexit through his businesses eyes

and the revelation that Dominic Raab didnt know the Dover / Calais port was that important to our food

Edited by melthebell

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I voted Leave to give the UK poor a pay rise, not a pay rise for Goldman Sachs as Remainers did.

That's nice of you, very considerate. Now let's talk about the most equal societies in the world. Guess what? They are all inside the EU (EEA)! This is the sort of guff that makes me laugh so much. You reflect on national issues through a distorted lens that seemingly blames the EU for everything, yet forget to actually look across the border to see 'what could be'. 

Good luck with your pledge of a pay rise, I'm sure it will be well received.

38 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

To be fair, there’s a few on there that aren’t really brexit related as such.

I was very surprised to see skrettings on that list though!!!

You can check out their methodology, explained on the page, and which is why I specifically referred to both direct and indirect causation.

No matter anyway, in the grand scheme of things. Because you can't fix stupid:

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/1107617916755808256

50% support a resolution of the Brexit issue (leave without deal vs remain) by public vote.

https://mobile.twitter.com/britainelects/status/1107617974943399936

52% don't want a 2nd referendum about Leave or Remain.

:rolleyes:

Edited by L00b
fixed Twitter links

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Speculation though isn't it?.

Angel1.

The world markets are speculating on it and people will make millions when the £ plummets to below the Euro. It won't be the poor.

Almost every supplier i have is EU based - they are sitting on 18-20% price increases to be actioned to the UK on April 1st.

Thats going to hit everyone as it filters through and thats not speculation and its regardless of the Brexit deal.

55 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Apologies if this has been posted, but there are reports that lorry drivers threaten to close UK transport links on March 29 if Brexit is delayed.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1101090/brexit-news-uk-transport-lorry-drivers-brexit-block-uk-motorways-brexit-delay-article-50

That de-escalated quickly.

Thought there would be riots.

By next week it will be reduced further to angry finger wagging at the wireless.

Edited by I1L2T3

5 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Leaving the EU will make the problems worse.

It’s not spin. The poor will suffer most.

The poor have always suffered but it probable depends now on what is termed as poor or being in poverty as its now classed as being relative.

5 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

And it’s down to people who hold views like yours.

I dont think you understand that its the people like me (poor) that also voted in their droves to leave and most I believe are willing to ride out the storm that may or may not be coming. I say storm because it is a bit like a weather forecast and as we know the majority of them are never right.

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

The poor have always suffered but it probable depends now on what is termed as poor or being in poverty as its now classed as being relative.

I dont think you understand that its the people like me (poor) that also voted in their droves to leave and most I believe are willing to ride out the storm that may or may not be coming. I say storm because it is a bit like a weather forecast and as we know the majority of them are never right.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

so your excuse for brexit maybe making the poor poorer is that people have always been poor....but this time its the poor voting for it themselves egged on by the rich and the super rich Oo

ooh the irony

9 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

That de-escalated quickly.

Thought there would be riots.

By next week it will be reduced further to angry finger wagging at the wireless.

Joking aside, we are constantly being threatened by Brexiteers of wholesale social unrest if Brexit isn't delivered, but the comedy 'Jarrow March' and the pathetic turnout at the last Leave means Leave march in London shows that the response will more than likely be just a lot of moaning on facebook.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

I have some news for you.

218.000 jobs directly or indirectly attributable to the handling of the Brexit vote to date, and counting.

That is just rubbish reporting, just read exactly what methodology was used in compiling that data as basically Mr Hickmott (the compiler) assumes that all the job losses he has reported are attributed to brexit!

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

so your excuse for brexit maybe making the poor poorer is that people have always been poor....but this time its the poor voting for it themselves egged on by the rich and the super rich Oo

No what I am saying is first you need to define what poor means in today's society as using the current definition it also means I am poor when I am not.

Edited by apelike

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

That is just rubbish reporting, just read exactly what methodology was used in compiling that data as basically Mr Hickmott (the compiler) assumes that all the job losses he has reported are attributed to brexit!

No what I am saying is first you need to define what poor means in today's society as using the current definition it also means I am poor when I am not.

Those that dont have much and so if anything happens that makes prices rise or currency devalues they dont have much room for manouvre. I personally am sort of comfortable but i dont have savings and live hand to mouth. It wouldnt take much financial movement upwards to mean i'd struggle. 

Theres also people far less off than me too

Edited by melthebell