Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

16 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

If it was both sides it makes it even worse doesnt it. 

Didnt think about that did ya?

The argument about government spend during the campaign: not even relevant.

Leavers arguments are tired, crap and riddled with fallacies.

It's a pity that your posts have gone from being impressively persuasive and well thought out to disappointingly puerile. 

Of course the millions of public money Cameron spent on trying to scare the people in to voting for what HE wanted, isn't irrelevant.  It's an abuse of position and an absolute scandal because it involved the misappropriation of public money. 

Of course I have thought about the fact that both sides were liars, that's why I made the point!  It doesn't make it worse; it means that Remainers have to accept that the Remain campaign was equally, if not moreso, morally bankrupt as the Leave Campaign, so it was more of a level playing field than they like to admit 

If you or anyone else voted based on the lies and false projections of interested parties, whether they be on a bus, in a booklet, in a newspaper, or on TV, then that's yours and their problem.   It's politics; it's always about lies.  Every political decision therefore has always been about taking a leap of faith and has always, everywhere, been about choosing which set of liars you think are closer aligned with your own set of values.

Heaven knows, the older generation still are lamenting that they were led into joining the common market on false pretences.  

8 hours ago, Litotes said:

You don't understand the meaning of democracy - " control of an organization or group by the majority of its members. "

Leave did not get a majority of the UK's members.

Also - remember what David Davies said "If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy"

Now you can spin it whatever way you like, but to implement something onto an electorate that was not what it voted for is not democratic.

Well I presume you have protested fervently about every time you have ever voted then. 

The referendum was far more democratic than any of our elections have ever been because every vote counted for something, which helps explain the record turn out. If this was the first referendum you have ever voted in (presuming you did vote, or you have no right to complain) then it will be the most democratic vote you have ever taken part in. 

It was explained very clearly to the country, to every household, in black and white and checked by the plain English body, that however the country voted, it would be acted upon, and that a leave vote meant out of the customs Union, the whole lot. 

If our politicians do not respect this vote, then it will be the end of democracy in this country. 

I think id sum it up like this ,leave could never win , it was just something they didn't expect, theyre now trapped in a corner like a scared rat and they had to do something before march 29 th , other wise the people would have beaten the government, and that would never do would it, have a look at the list of your local mp to see how they voted , that's your local mp remember who supposed to represent you , if remain had won do you think leave could have had 2 years of trying to reverse it , NEVER, it would have been signed and sealed the next day ,:loopy:

you just gotta check out all Brexit interviews with George galloway , now theres a true brexiteer 

1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

It's a pity that your posts have gone from being impressively persuasive and well thought out to disappointingly puerile. 

Of course the millions of public money Cameron spent on trying to scare the people in to voting for what HE wanted, isn't irrelevant.  It's an abuse of position and an absolute scandal because it involved the misappropriation of public money. 

Of course I have thought about the fact that both sides were liars, that's why I made the point!  It doesn't make it worse; it means that Remainers have to accept that the Remain campaign was equally, if not moreso, morally bankrupt as the Leave Campaign, so it was more of a level playing field than they like to admit 

If you or anyone else voted based on the lies and false projections of interested parties, whether they be on a bus, in a booklet, in a newspaper, or on TV, then that's yours and their problem.   It's politics; it's always about lies.  Every political decision therefore has always been about taking a leap of faith and has always, everywhere, been about choosing which set of liars you think are closer aligned with your own set of values.

Heaven knows, the older generation still are lamenting that they were led into joining the common market on false pretences.  

If both sides cheated that makes it worse, and the referendum result even less valid.

Thanks for the long post but there’s the facts. And they will come back to haunt every single MP who voted through a bad Brexit or a no deal

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

So 36.7% of the electorate didn't vote Leave.

Maybe you could enlighten us as to what %age of the electorate did vote leave?

You clearly struggle to understand how a referendum works. 

Perhaps you might next tell us how not a single British dog or cat voted for Brexit.

Not one. 

According to the establishment Remainer elite, Leave has to win a referendum TWICE for the democratic result to be enacted.

Remain only has to win ONCE for the result to be enshrined in law.

This means a single Remain vote is worth two Leave votes.

Edited by Car Boot

On 15/03/2019 at 18:40, L00b said:

Won't it?

Happening on 1st May here in Luxembourg.

I suggest you take the matter up with Mr Hammond, if it looks like not happening in the UK ;)

Keep'em coming, obviously readers haven't had their fill of Brexiters' lies yet.

Your support for a neoliberal economic entity that primarily exists to promote the interests of capital is well noted on this forum.

Despite the long overdue reduction in the tampon tax in Luxembourg there is precious little morality in other areas controlled by the EU. Such as the economic pillaging of the labour of poor member states to service the economies of rich ones. 

The Brexit coalition was built around the proletariat. The British working class are the bedrock of resistance to the EU project. The EU does not take its mandate from the European peoples, as an EU Trade Commissioner once admitted. The EU exists to benefit global capital.

Edited by Car Boot

14 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

That’s not how it works. 

Its not the people who voted who who have acted illegally.

But you knew that.

Yet another desperate angle of attack.

Nope.

Thats not how democracy works.

I'm making no attacks. My vote is legally binding it was counted and reported upon. 

The referendum vote is not legally binding however,but why choose to not vote on the chance that the result won't be actioned.

And using anecdotal evidence only - i voted remain, i don't kind admitting it, i work with 12 professional people from commercial directors and managing directors to us sales guys. The only ones openly admitting to having VOTED are the 2 brexiteers, myself and one other remainer. The others keep bitching about what its going to do to the Uk but did nothing to stop it.

My wife didn't vote, she works with 13 women for the police - 9 of them voted for Brexit.

Now not one of us actually know what is going to happen,its all just opinion - i surmised that if we remained one would expect it be the same afterwards but the Brixiteers have no idea what is coming but we are going to find out because they could be bothered to vote.

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The Brexit coalition was built around the proletariat. The British working class are the bedrock of resistance to the EU project. 

Aaron Banks -working class.

Nigel Farage -working class.

Richard Tice -working class.

Boris Johnson -working class.

Michael Gove -working class.

David Davis -working class.

Jacob Rees-Mogg -working class. 

Vladimir Putin -working class.

Donald Trump - working class.

Brexit is an anti working class project with the twin aims of reducing or removing regulation to increase profits for the few, and reducing or removing the influence of the EU as a bulwark against the excesses of Russia and the US.

Even by your standards, trying to claim Brexit for the proletariat comes close to the top of the bonkers list.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Aaron Banks -working class.

Nigel Farage -working class.

Richard Tice -working class.

Boris Johnson -working class.

David Davis -working class.

Jacob Rees-Mogg -working class. 

Vladimir Putin -working class.

Donald Trump - working class.

Brexit is an anti working class project with the twin aims of reducing or removing regulation to increase profits for the few, and reducing or removing the influence of the EU as a bulwark against the excesses of Russia and the US.

Even by your standards, trying to claim Brexit for the proletariat comes close to the top of the bonkers list.

Funnily enough, lead by donkeys just said

https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farage-will-not-complete-brexit-betrayal-march-despite-urging-supporters-to-join-him-11666858

"He's organised this march with his millionaire friends and a Westminster lobbying firm while all the time pretending this march is a grassroots thing," said a spokesman.

"On the other hand we're a bunch of volunteer dads who've crowdfunded these vans with fivers and tenners from people around the country."

Edited by melthebell

21 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nope, it shows the power of true democracy and that is to be continuously listening to the opinion of the people.

No its not as parliament and governments past have never been continuously listening to the people. The only time they listen is when an election, be it local or general, or when referendums are held. In those cases its between 4-5 years and with a referendum its anyone's guess.

Referendums are spectacularly bad at resolving issues and to trash our future for a fraudulent and criminal referendum is not democratic. 

There may have been some criminal activity but as pointed out earlier the High Court ruled that it had no merit as far as the outcome of the referendum was concerned and chucked out an attempt to get the referendum declared void. 

Neither a yes or a no choice was legally binding.

I agree but despite that parliament then went on to make it so.

Edited by apelike