Consequences of Brexit [part 7] Read first post before posting

mort

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute. 

Message added by mort

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

2010; they lied through their teeth saying the banking crash was all the fault of Labour - " This mess that Labour got us into," was the mantra that preceded just about every utterance that they mad. 

2015 different message but same method- 'That Idiot Corbyn who couldn't run a whelk stall, never mind a country.' Constantly rubbishing the opposition leader with ridicule, false representation and  lies, every time they open their mouths.

Liam Byrne, chief secretary to the Treasury under Gordon Brown, left a note for his successor that proved to be a gift for the Conservatives.

" Dear Chief Secretary, I’m afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam. "

And you want sane members of the public to vote Corbyn and Liebour into Office.

Please don't hold your breath. To be fair though, due to the complete dogs breakfast the Conservatives have made of Brexit, I would not vote for them either. I wish we could fire the whole 650 of them and start afresh.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Since when?

The day of the Referendum and it's outcome of - LEAVE.

Angel1.

14 minutes ago, willman said:

So are you saying that ticking a box to remain wasn't legally binding ? 

???

25 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Nope, it shows the power of true democracy and that is to be continuously listening to the opinion of the people.

Referendums are spectacularly bad at resolving issues and to trash our future for a fraudulent and criminal referendum is not democratic. 

Neither a yes or a no choice was legally binding.

But you can't illegally tick a box ?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not true.

In 2010 and 2015 The Conservative Party stood on an austerity manifesto. Many people still voted for them.

ALL politicians of all parties  lie to get your vote .They promise things they have no intention of delivering. Its what politicians do.

21 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

ALL politicians of all parties  lie to get your vote .They promise things they have no intention of delivering. Its what politicians do.

So we shouldn’t expect them to do something so spectacularly stupid and harmful like brexit, regardless of the referendum result.

Thank heavens for that!

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Liam Byrne, chief secretary to the Treasury under Gordon Brown, left a note for his successor that proved to be a gift for the Conservatives.

" Dear Chief Secretary, I’m afraid there is no money. Kind regards – and good luck! Liam. "

And you want sane members of the public to vote Corbyn and Liebour into Office.

Please don't hold your breath. To be fair though, due to the complete dogs breakfast the Conservatives have made of Brexit, I would not vote for them either. I wish we could fire the whole 650 of them and start afresh.

Angel1.

Angel1.

Boy, was Liam Byrne's note a gift for the Conservatives who repeated it ad nauseum, over and over and over again, until it was cemented in people's minds, as you've proved 4 years later. 

Apparently it is the custom to leave jokey little notes for the incumbents, as a kind of welcome. Why else do you think they would write such a note? Unfortunately the Tories will leap on anything and use it against them. They don't call them the nasty party for nothing. 

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

The whole point of democracy is that you can change your mind -= and the country wants to change its mind - by not allowing it to, the government becomes nothing more than a dictatorship.

How come Herr May can ask the same question until she gets the answer that she wants, but the country doesn't?

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I think the question was why didn't Labour win in 2010 and 2015. I didn't mention who was leading the party in 2010, I said the Tories blamed Labour for the banking crash.

You said in 2015 that they were referring to ‘that idiot Corbyn’. Corbyn can’t be reason why Labour didn’t win in 2015, seeing as has wasn’t elected leader until after the election. 

3 hours ago, Car Boot said:

Can I just ask this: When voting to Remain in the EU, did any Remainers believe that their vote would be ignored and the exact opposite of what they democratically decided would be enacted?

This is happening right now to every Leave voter!

We are being disenfranchised by a powerful, wealthy elite. The losing side in the referendum has stolen the votes of the winning side!

I voted to remain. If Remain had won the democratic EU referendum vote I would have expected the UK to remain 100%  in the EU.  Anyone who respects democracy can only expect the UK to leave the EU on 29th March.

10 hours ago, mrcharlie said:

Regardless of whether you voted  leave or remain

It was a vote.

If the government decides to act against the result, I will never vote again.

It makes a mockery of democracy.

I agree. if the result is not implemented it will make a mockery of democracy in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I agree. if the result is not implemented it will make a mockery of democracy in the UK.

Why?

29 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Why? It overturned a democratic vote we had before...