Lyceum theatre balcony seats

Quick question about seating in the lyceum theatre, are the balcony seats worth it? I'm a bit put off buying expensive tickets when I'm being warned about a restricted view and legroom!

20 minutes ago, vwkittie said:

Quick question about seating in the lyceum theatre, are the balcony seats worth it? I'm a bit put off buying expensive tickets when I'm being warned about a restricted view and legroom!

Any ticket with a restricted view needs to be sold as a restricted view seat. Legroom is usually only a problem in the front row.

They're on a bit of a slope but they're ok. 

Never had a restricted view issue personally.

Its not the view it the leg room !  We felt very claustophobic last time went up there and the price of the tickets  are quite steep too!

Only ever been once and leg room was big problem to me due to painful medical problems I have. Put me off going again.  

I am only 5ft3, but have an old knee injury  and the only time I sat in the balcony I was in real pain due to the lack of leg room.    Never again.    

It’s some years since I used those seats but I remember it well because it was so uncomfortable that I left during the break.  However, perhaps age had something to do with it. Perhaps you could cope if you are young, not too tall and don’t have health issues. Don’t think you get a good experience of the performance from up there.

The Lyceum was built in 1897 when the average male height was 5'6".

It is now 5'10". 😱

Don't like the balcony at the Lyceum at all. Poor leg room and often restricted views. Much prefer the stalls.

I'm 6ft and find the balcony uncomfortable,  if you can .......buy tickets for the stalls 👍

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Unfortunately there were literally only seats available up at the back of the balcony, and I was thinking of taking my parents, who are in their 70s, and my partner, who is 6'2.

I've decided not to bother, we'll check out what's on at the cinema instead and pay the little extra for the nice seats, still be loads cheaper than the theatre!

You made the right decision. I'm not as tall as your partner and I refuse to sit in the balcony because the seats are so uncomfortable, so your partner would have really suffered.