White supremacist attack in NZ

mort

Any further personal attacks and the thread will be closed. Stay on topic please and keep it civil.

Message added by mort

39 minutes ago, woodview said:

(not sure about the 'thousands' part, didn't see that anywhere -TBC),

The main guy's 'manifesto' had been 'liked' by over 100,000 people on facebook before it was pulled so I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe that thousands were following the live stream of the killings.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

And right on queue, Mel highlights the sort of gobfrother who just sickens me. I hope the <Removed> gets voted out at the very earliest opportunity. My fear is he won't.

Edited by nikki-red

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The main guy's 'manifesto' had been 'liked' by over 100,000 people on facebook before it was pulled so I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe that thousands were following the live stream of the killings.

I haven't seen any reports of thousands cheering him on, on the live feed, as you reported. I find such a shocking thing hard to believe, yes.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I hope the <Removed> gets voted out at the very earliest opportunity. My fear is he won't.

Sadly this guy's vile views are shared by a significant number of Australians.

When the government first stated locking up asylum seekers and refugees on islands of the shores of Australia it got a lot of popular support.

Edited by nikki-red

19 minutes ago, Dozer said:

Sheffield has a vigil tonight at 7 in the Peace Gardens.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/peace-vigil-to-be-held-in-sheffield-after-diabolical-new-zealand-mosque-terror-attacks-1-9652302

Peace to you all.

It's nice that in a time of crisis people can pull together.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Sadly this guy's vile views are shared by a significant number of Australians.

When the government first stated locking up asylum seekers and refugees on islands of the shores of Australia it got a lot of popular support.

I agree, and I'd say by saying that his view is shared by a significantly number of people here in the IK as well. A few years ago these people would have kept their views to themselves, but now it seems that people believe it is far more acceptable to share such views.

The personal attacks can cease, any more and accounts will be suspended. Show some respect please.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

It's nice that in a time of crisis people can pull together.

Yes and it is very important that as many people as possible support this.

Extreme right wing philosophies be they ISIS or Britain First, wish to sow division between different peoples. The most effective way to prevent this is by showing that we are united and that it is they are on the very margins of our society.

No pasaran!

I saw the video of this attack on YouTube before it was taken down.  As I watched it I went a bit shakey and my heart was pounding very fast, which reassured me  that I'm not desensitised to mindless violence.

4 minutes ago, Hots on said:

I saw the video of this attack on YouTube before it was taken down.  As I watched it I went a bit shakey and my heart was pounding very fast, which reassured me  that I'm not desensitised to mindless violence.

Why did you watch it?

Genuine question,