White supremacist attack in NZ

mort

Any further personal attacks and the thread will be closed. Stay on topic please and keep it civil.

Message added by mort

9 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The "For Rotherham" text written on one of the ammo clips gave me a chill.

I've been run off my feet this morning but that post really did stop me in my tracks.

Obviously right wingers in South Yorkshire will be organising a "Not in my name" March and condemn accordingly.

Difficult to comprehend the level of hate.

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've been run off my feet this morning but that post really did stop me in my tracks.

Obviously right wingers in South Yorkshire will be organising a "Not in my name" March and condemn accordingly.

Difficult to comprehend the level of hate.

I would imagine everyone was disgusted about what happened in Rotherham, not just right wingers.

The victims in NZ had no part in what happened there, it is blind hate.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

I wouldn't hold your breath.

According to a correspondent on the BBC News, the facebook footage of the attack is being widely shared on UK far-right and alt-right facebook pages.

The solidarity shown by other New Zealanders with the victims is heartening especially as the people who carried out this attack are without doubt trying to start a race war. 

Trump's late tweet of condolance has not gone unnoticed by some commentators.

51 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To be fair, the poster was saying that this is what others would say in response to an Islamist attack.

As far as I know he hasn't actually passed any comment on the attack himself.

What's different in this case is that the answers to many of points were known when the post was made - New Zealand is after all 12 hours ahead of us.

A disgraceful act of Terrorism,

49 innocent lives taken, including women and children according to reports.

New Zealand is not a country you ever associate with Terrorist activities or any tensions (racial or religious) within it.

Lets hope all the attackers involved were caught and given the harshest sentences possible.

Thoughts go out to family and friends of all the victims.

The Australasian authorities will need to have a long hard look at their Intelligence Services.

Attacks like this can easily go ahead when carried out by a 'lone wolf' - but it seems 3/4 people were involved. Which is quite worrying.

5 minutes ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

Attacks like this can easily go ahead when carried out by a 'lone wolf' - but it seems 3/4 people were involved. Which is quite worrying.

Cheered on by thousnds watching the live facebook feed including some in New Zealand.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Cheered on by thousnds watching the live facebook feed including some in New Zealand.

Who was cheering it on? I don't get what you mean.

1 minute ago, woodview said:

Who was cheering it on? I don't get what you mean.

According to a media commentator from New Zealand, the live feed of the killings on facebook was being commented on in real time by other posters, most of them favourably, including from posters from New Zealand.

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Where / How did you find that out ?

That's disgraceful.

Ive seen some of the video myself -its horrific.

1 minute ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

Where / How did you find that out ?

That's disgraceful.

Ive seen some of the video myself -its horrific.

News says the live stream also attracted positive comments while in progress (not sure about the 'thousands' part, didn't see that anywhere -TBC), they've been trying to delete everything asap luckily.

The fact you've seen some of it, shows how unable they are to control content too.

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

News says the live stream also attracted positive comments while in progress (not sure about the 'thousands' part, didn't see that anywhere -TBC), they've been trying to delete everything asap luckily.

The fact you've seen some of it, shows how unable they are to control content too.

This is one of many downfalls in living in this technical world, where anything and everything is there for the whole world to see.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

I would imagine everyone was disgusted about what happened in Rotherham, not just right wingers.

The victims in NZ had no part in what happened there, it is blind hate.

Everybody was disgusted. But some people wanted Muslims to make a more public statement and/or a march to show how disgusted they were. What’s good for the goose etc.