White supremacist attack in NZ

mort

Any further personal attacks and the thread will be closed. Stay on topic please and keep it civil.

Message added by mort

I’m surprised no one has mentioned this yet. At least 40 dead and 50 injured by gunfire as two mosques were attacked my right wing extremists who actually live-streamed their attack. 

Utterly sickening.  I sure the usual suspects who would have been up in arms had this been a Muslim outrage are too upset to post.  

It's awful, and in such a peaceable country. The silence/tacit approval from people who would have been up in arms had it been an Islamist attack is sickening.

Alright, let me just summarize the usual reaction on this forum on such topics:

- motives are not known yet, don't speculate

- it was probably an act of mentally unstable individuals

- nothing to do with religion

- we must not be paralysed by fear, we will continue to live the life that we want: free, together, and open

7 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Alright, let me just summarize the usual reaction on this forum on such topics:

- motives are not known yet, don't speculate

- nothing to do with religion

- we must not be paralysed by fear, we will continue to live the life that we want: free, together, and open

I think you have missed the point. 

46 minutes ago, bendix said:

I think you have missed the point. 

Lol, no ****. Usual excusing. Also apparently president Trump has been very quiet on the incident. His only tweet while it was happening was to the "right wing" website breitbart

Edited by melthebell

Tarrant’s extremist manifesto also cites ‘Darren Osbourne’ an apparent reference to Darren Osborne who was jailed for life for his murderous attack on Muslims at London’s Finsbury Park mosque in June 2017.

It said: “I support many of those that take a stand against ethnic and cultural genocide. Luca Traini, Anders Breivik, Dylan Roof, Anton Lundin Pettersson, Darren Osbourne etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-injuries-reported-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live

Another shocking attack by intolerant people, on people going about their everyday business. 

49 people dead, another hate crime in ‘the civilised’ world that is rapidly beginning to fracture at the same points it did prior to WW2.

3 hours ago, Branyy said:

Whether anyone who carries out such an act is by definition mentally unstable is an argument for another day but what is absolutely clear is that these things don't originate in a vacuum. Nobody wakes up and decides to commit mass murder. They do it after months and years of either winding themselves up or being wound up by others into a hateful state. 

3 hours ago, Branyy said:

White nationalist Islamophobe terrorists.

Just now, Halibut said:

White nationalist Islamophobe terrorists.

To be fair, the poster was saying that this is what others would say in response to an Islamist attack.

As far as I know he hasn't actually passed any comment on the attack himself.

The "For Rotherham" text written on one of the ammo clips gave me a chill.