Intel 6th Gen HDMI Audio

Can anyone with the same series CPU have a look at the HDMI audio properties and tell me if you see the Enhancements tab. It normally has 3 check boxes for Low Frequency protection, Room Correction and Loudness Equalisation.

I'm just trying to narrow something down that could be a HP driver or Intel have removed it. I'm sure it used to be there but my ageing memory might be playing tricks on me!

Thanks

I don't have "Enhancements" on my Intel or nVidia HDMI output... but I do on my main output and headphones!

Thanks to both.

Intel may have dropped it. Odd you don't have it on the Nvidia one though Ghozer, I only use the Nvidia HDMI on my main PC to the telly and that has the tab. It's certainly not important, it was more handy than anything else. It sort of acted like a loudness button on a car stereo... nothing that can't be done via MPC-HC.

Thanks for looking.

I don't currently have anything connected to nVidia HDMI out though... nor my onboard... I could try connecting something and see if it makes a difference :)

I did find another Intel page about "We reserve the right to change software etc. etc." I don't know if any of those older drivers I pointed you too come with built-in ancillary software.

12 hours ago, Ghozer said:

I don't currently have anything connected to nVidia HDMI out though... nor my onboard... I could try connecting something and see if it makes a difference :)

Haha, well that could explain it ;)   I was thinking it may depend on the device that's connected. The TV in the living room on my main PC is a 4k with all the whistles and bells and still running fairly recent tech (under 2 yrs old) The one in the bedroom is a much older LG 1080p telly.

I bought the HP Elitedesk 800 G2 Mini used from Ebay and last month it died in a puff of smoke. One of the main board chips had totally burnt out. As it still had HP onsite warranty, they came out and fitted a new motherboard. I'm not sure if this new board is a slightly different or as swarf has pointed out, it could be down to the drivers/software change.