Leeds v Blades

5 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Easy win for Leeds, expect a drubbing.

Hmmmm... :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Great result for the Blades.

Could this be the year?

I don't like L***s one bit, but I couldn't shout for SU either.

Strange event, but probably a telling one.

A reluctant well done to S2.

The Sky commentator seemed surprised that United won it, but Hey Ho!.

They won it.

Good times for the Blades.

Sky commentators were totally biased, I like Don Goodman but even when blades scored he was saying more about how l...s could get back into it than the goal, they did everything but shout out  "come on l...s, !

36 minutes ago, pintor said:

Sky commentators were totally biased, I like Don Goodman but even when blades scored he was saying more about how l...s could get back into it than the goal, they did everything but shout out  "come on l...s, !

You are so right pintor in the build up to the match I did wondered  if we were playing we hardly got a mention it was Leeds this Leeds that What a wonderful manager they have etc etc.Well Wilder is not to bad either I could not imagine what we would have heard if they had won.That defence of ours looks brill All that pressing they had and I can not remember Henderson having to make a meaningful save.That inferior manager of ours🤣😂got his tactics spot on again .What a shock Leeds have had according to all the self appointed experts they just had to turn up.WRONG AGAIN.

36 minutes ago, pintor said:

You are so right pintor in the build up to the match I did wondered  if we were playing we hardly got a mention it was Leeds this Leeds that What a wonderful manager they have etc etc.Well Wilder is not to bad either I could not imagine what we would have heard if they had won.That defence of ours looks brill All that pressing they had and I can not remember Henderson having to make a meaningful save.That inferior manager of ours🤣😂got his tactics spot on again .What a shock Leeds have had according to all the self appointed experts they just had to turn up.WRONG AGAIN.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

The laughable part was that even the BBC website got in on the "shock part". Headline  read "Basham goal gives Sheff. Utd. win over 10 man Leeds"  The red card was in the 91st minute. Did the goalie go behind the net for a quick smoke when the goal scored? Lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

13 hours ago, petcharlie said:

I get the idea that whenever we play on sky they dont want us to succeed,  l...s are perceived as the big club in Yorkshire,  the rest are seen as minnows on a good run. Many of the pundits arent old enough to have been born when l...s were a footballing force, (40+ yrs ago!), if they had been around then they might see them differently. Give a bit of credit to this part of Yorkshire sky, whichever Sheffield side play, be interesting to see how look l...s report on it tomorrow!

Leeds were poor but had their chances. United got abit of luck with basham still being on the pitch but all teams need a little luck to get promotion. Can't see you guys messing it up from now though

39 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Leeds were poor but had their chances. United got abit of luck with basham still being on the pitch but all teams need a little luck to get promotion. Can't see you guys messing it up from now though

Our defence has looked superb since the collapse at Villa .We have not let one in since Boxing Day at home and also since the Villa match away.We are getting plenty of grief on the Leeds pages some really vile and nasty which makes taking three points off them so much sweeter.They did ask for that though I had the impression they were really arrogant full of them selves and no body has a right to be on the same pitch as them and they showed us no respect they are number one and the rest are crap attitude .We are in a run of games that look really hard up till now we have overcome them beyond expectations but we still have some left like Bristol and Preston both are not easy but I must say yesterdays result was so sweet .

8 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Our defence has looked superb since the collapse at Villa .We have not let one in since Boxing Day at home and also since the Villa match away.We are getting plenty of grief on the Leeds pages some really vile and nasty which makes taking three points off them so much sweeter.They did ask for that though I had the impression they were really arrogant full of them selves and no body has a right to be on the same pitch as them and they showed us no respect they are number one and the rest are crap attitude .We are in a run of games that look really hard up till now we have overcome them beyond expectations but we still have some left like Bristol and Preston both are not easy but I must say yesterdays result was so sweet .

Don't get why Leeds and their fans feel that way. They keep failing to get promoted year after year. It's a bit like those Revie teams, almost always runners up for trophies.Lol .Losing finals and 2nd place in the division was their norm for most the 60s and 70s, at least that's how it seemed.

Leeds were the superior side in this but playing fancy stuff and dominating possession doesn't win games, scoring goals does, United did that Leeds didn't, end of story.

Good result against a decent side. 

Things have a tendency of evening themselves out in football. 

Whatever comments Leeds fans want to make about Saturday's game we could equally have made similar comments about the reverse fixture at the Lane in December.

We had the lion's share of possession and they scored a 'lucky goal.'

Not wishing to condone Baldock's tackle but the one he suffered at Ellad Road last season could have ended his career. 

13 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Things have a tendency of evening themselves out in football. 

Whatever comments Leeds fans want to make about Saturday's game we could equally have made similar comments about the reverse fixture at the Lane in December.

We had the lion's share of possession and they scored a 'lucky goal.'

Not wishing to condone Baldock's tackle but the one he suffered at Ellad Road last season could have ended his career. 

Correct. You could make a strong case that a draw would have been a fair result in both games against Leeds this season.So in effect both teams are a point better off than they could have been.

All 3 of the teams at the top will drop points in the last 8 games, so owt could happen yet.