will the Blades go up?

20 minutes ago, SgtDave said:

With the Blades potential spending power, all I can see if we get to the PL is the embarrassment that Huddersfield are currently experiencing. I really do not want the Blades to have to recover from that scenario.

Now if we had a happy boardroom that were prepared to splash the cash, that would be a different matter.

It really is hard to call: the team deserve their chance if we manage to get promoted but I would hate to see the team disintegrate if the PL dream is not backed up with the appropriate financial investment in the team.

I think this group of players deserve a crack at the top clubs after all it is these guys that would have got us there but I would not like them to be humiliated .They seem a down to earth non flash type of guys and some would need replacing due to age that is catching them up so to get others in that can play in the top flight would need a big investment but having said that I would love to see Duffy and Sharp get a chance.

I expect them to do the usual and fail at the last hurdle, they really are the gift that keeps on giving.

There are 6 or 7 teams in the Prem who make millions of pounds with out a single fan coming through the gates .So much so that they can run the club pay the wages pay the bills and all everyday running costs without a single fan coming to watch a game.Now all up and coming financial wizards on here how are the Blades expected to compete with such clubs?Thats if we do get in the Prem we will have a better idea after the weekend.It would be asking a lot to make up five points if we slip up but I think a point would be a good result for us but I do not think Leeds would be to happy.They being Leeds like everything their own way and are prone to getting narky if things do not go for them.The Ref could be a factor he must be strong and not swayed by a hostile crowd.If we are in the right frame of mind and play it as just another match I have no reason to be nervous .I think we are more than a match for them providing we are on our game.The defence has looked superb in the last few matches and they to would have to be on their game to breach it.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

There are 6 or 7 teams in the Prem who make millions of pounds with out a single fan coming through the gates .So much so that they can run the club pay the wages pay the bills and all everyday running costs without a single fan coming to watch a game.Now all up and coming financial wizards on here how are the Blades expected to compete with such clubs?Thats if we do get in the Prem we will have a better idea after the weekend.It would be asking a lot to make up five points if we slip up but I think a point would be a good result for us but I do not think Leeds would be to happy.They being Leeds like everything their own way and are prone to getting narky if things do not go for them.The Ref could be a factor he must be strong and not swayed by a hostile crowd.If we are in the right frame of mind and play it as just another match I have no reason to be nervous .I think we are more than a match for them providing we are on our game.The defence has looked superb in the last few matches and they to would have to be on their game to breach it.

You ask the question '......how are the Blades expected to compete with such clubs?'

Answer Chris Wilder. 

2 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

You ask the question '......how are the Blades expected to compete with such clubs?'

Answer Chris Wilder. 

There's only so much he can do before finances became an issue. He would probably be able to get you competing mid table and below without a big change in spending.

18 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Answer Chris Wilder. 

Yes I understand that Chris is our biggest asset and the club must do everything they can to make sure he is happy to stay.The players he has brought in have done a superb job for the club he has sprinkled his magic dust on them and turned failing lower league players in to something special.I do not think there is anybody better in this league who runs a club better than Wilder.I just hope the up and coming court case keeps him happy because he would be in great demand if he threw the towel in at the Lane.Having said all that if the Blades got in the Prem I do not think hard work and Wilders undoubted magic is enough to become a established Premier club they would need to up their game in the transfer market and spend more than they have done in their history.They will of course have a few bob in the bank for getting promoted but will they spend it?I do not expect them to go silly with the cash but not long in the future Duffy and Sharp will need replacing and replacing such good players will cost.

Wilder as done a Superb job without backing from the Board,they do deserve to go up,but Norwich & Leeds look like the 2 to go up,United should have scored more goals,but the midfield players seems scared of shooting Fleck might be good on the ball but seems never wanting to shot,Duffy keeps getting dropped by Wilder when he seems to be the player that gets United going,Aston Villa game might be the game that will cost United,bet Unitedites wish the play-offs wasn"t happening and 3rd place will do,United v Villa in play-off Final would be very interesting

24 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

Wilder as done a Superb job without backing from the Board,they do deserve to go up,but Norwich & Leeds look like the 2 to go up,United should have scored more goals,but the midfield players seems scared of shooting Fleck might be good on the ball but seems never wanting to shot,Duffy keeps getting dropped by Wilder when he seems to be the player that gets United going,Aston Villa game might be the game that will cost United,bet Unitedites wish the play-offs wasn"t happening and 3rd place will do,United v Villa in play-off Final would be very interesting

Can you imagine it in the play off final united leading 3 0 with just 8 mins to go plus injury time.

1 hour ago, 1295galaxy said:

Score more goals?

4th highest scorers 63

2nd best goal difference 

2nd meanest defence

Guess its wishful thinking on your part! 

1 hour ago, 1295galaxy said:

Score more goals

4th highest scorers 63

2nd best goal difference 

2nd meanest defence

Guess its wishful thinking on your part! 

Edited by pintor

The levels of investment, the greed, the wages and Sky involvement have to be reeled in in a big way making it possible for every club to be able to compete for the top 6 places in the Prem.

If not, get the 'Big 6 or 7' to trot off to Europe and ruin each other with their billions.

Proper football fans should really be pushing for a European Super League, thereby getting the 'know nothing' billionaires out of the working man's game and off to Yachts in Monaco and Castles in Europe.

I suggest a 20 club Premier League consisting of 'regular' clubs, with no one club allowed to dominate with finances.

FFP for ALL. No exceptions, no loopholes, no back scratching.

Will United go up?

Yes, I think so.

If they do, they deserve it.

Just kicked off at Leeds.

Here we go! 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

One thing that has amazed me bout the blades theres hardly a player outside the uk that plays for you. 

All home country players l think..

Wish ye well when you go up been a superb achievement.. 

15 minutes ago, Mooks said:

One thing that has amazed me bout the blades theres hardly a player outside the uk that plays for you. 

All home country players l think..

Wish ye well when you go up been a superb achievement.. 

Forever revered for your unbiased honesty.......