International call ups.

Well done to Liam Palmer, he joins John Fleck in the Scotland squad for the up and coming international games. 

Interestingly Sparky McNulty finally receives a call up as well. He was a player who to be fair had lots about him when with us, in fact I would liken him a bit to Billy Sharp in his poacher-like style of play. Never really worked out with us but he has definite ability. 

Well blow me!

Until a few days ago, I didn't know Palmer had Scottish ancestry,  or that he'd already represented Scotland.

I didn't really believe he was good enough, but over recent games, he's shown his talent.

Very much improved. Maybe he'd played second fiddle for that long, he'd lowered his standards?

Anyway, I'm glad his recent run has been noticed, and I hope he plays.

He deserves it.

Well done Fleck as well.

We're all Sheffield aren't we? 

49 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Well blow me!

Until a few days ago, I didn't know Palmer had Scottish ancestry,  or that he'd already represented Scotland.

I didn't really believe he was good enough, but over recent games, he's shown his talent.

Very much improved. Maybe he'd played second fiddle for that long, he'd lowered his standards?

Anyway, I'm glad his recent run has been noticed, and I hope he plays.

He deserves it.

Well done Fleck as well.

We're all Sheffield aren't we? 

I think in the grand scheme of things, both teams have slipped off the scale a bit in recent years. 

Always nice to see our players on the national scene. Shows we are doing the right things. 

Not sure Liam Palmer will be screaming loudly about his Scotland debut will he??

Absolutely shambolic result, in fact quite embarrassing and potentially one of Scotland's worse ever results!...... Losing 3-0 against the 117th ranked team in the world! A team lower down the pecking order than the likes or Haiti, Madagascar and Sierra Leone. 

19 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Not sure Liam Palmer will be screaming loudly about his Scotland debut will he??

Absolutely shambolic result, in fact quite embarrassing and potentially one of Scotland's worse ever results!...... Losing 3-0 against the 117th ranked team in the world! A team lower down the pecking order than the likes or Haiti, Madagascar and Sierra Leone. 

Terrible result any one can be on the end of a fluke result but Scotland are making a habit of it and three nil tells you there is something amiss up there.

5 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Terrible result any one can be on the end of a fluke result but Scotland are making a habit of it and three nil tells you there is something amiss up there.

Lol, one down after 6 minutes, two down after 10, and Alex McLeish says Scotland started the game well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47661549

28 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lol, one down after 6 minutes, two down after 10, and Alex McLeish says Scotland started the game well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47661549

Yes, but Scotland were perhaps all over the buggers for the first 5 minutes.☺️

Did Palmer play well, average, or poorly?

I didn't see it, but I hope the kid did himself proud, he's been very good this last 6 weeks or so.

I really hope that he was one of the better performers.

That said, how did McNulty do?

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Did Palmer play well, average, or poorly?

I didn't see it, but I hope the kid did himself proud, he's been very good this last 6 weeks or so.

I really hope that he was one of the better performers.

That said, how did McNulty do?

As a whole Scotland were horrendous mate, like utter garbage. I don't think anyone really stood out.