Another Grooming Gang Charged - This Time In Sheffield

Some people have a habit of not seeing what is in front of them.

On 26/03/2019 at 22:00, K1Machine said:

I agree to a point. But lets be clear,  some people didn't want to be considered racist for pointing out there may be an issue with grooming white girls in the Pakistani community. The Police, Social services, Councillors all wanted to be seen as PC and didn't want to be called racist for pointing out religion or heritage. 

I don't absolutely believe this, Pakistanis are over represented in the prison population, suggesting the criminal justice system has no difficulty dealing with them.

However I think there exists some reluctance to deal with offences of this nature generally (not just with Pakistani grooming gangs), since the collecting of evidence is often difficult especially where vulnerable victims are concerned who might feel that the 'attention' they receive from the perpetrators is normal behaviour. Children with experience of the care system are particularly susceptible to this, I guess few grooming victims are the offspring of doctors or dentists.

It's only in recent years that victims have acquired the confidence to speak out and support prosecutions that send these vile men to jail where they belong.

another trial started in leeds , the same story ,taken out of childrens home aged 11to12 years,abused , raped,trafficked, the usual perpetrators only this time therers to women aswell on trial. out on bail has perusual . scum. wakefield jail must be like pakistan with the amount of them getting convicted these days,mind you thow it only took 15 years to catch them.

What’s sad is that nothing seems to have changed. Over 50 years ago I was sexually assaulted by a respected member of the church community on a Sunday school outing. I was too young too understand what it was all about but I knew it felt wrong. Thankfully I could tell my mum about why I didn’t want to go Sunday school anymore. When the vicar came chasing me up she let him have it straight and his reply was to damm us both to hell. Been a lifelong atheist since justified when same vicar didn’t show up to apologise when a few years later perpetrator convicted of  raping a 12 year old girl