Another Grooming Gang Charged - This Time In Sheffield

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Did you read his post, where he said:

Am I saying all Pakistani men rape little girls?

No

No of course you’re not. Neither is someone who says Asian Gangs referring to all Asians.

My point is that if the generalisation of Asian gangs is wrong (which it is), then so is the generalisation of Pakistani men. 

32 minutes ago, Eater Sundae said:

No of course you’re not. Neither is someone who says Asian Gangs referring to all Asians.

My point is that if the generalisation of Asian gangs is wrong (which it is), then so is the generalisation of Pakistani men. 

Most people, and the people posting on here, aren't generalising about Pakistani men. The posts here explicitly say that.

It isn't a problem associated with all Pakistani men in any way. There is a problem with gangs that consist predominantly of Pakistani men, and the authorities failed miserably, at great personal cost to the victims.

There are of course other people commiting similar crimes, in the church, care homes and as lone wolves etc etc

Ignoring the characteristics of any group or their MO because it's uncomfortable politically is disastrous.

The sooner all these crimes can be investigated to conclusion without fear or prejudice the better.

2 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Finally, CPS data still shows the percentage of groups committing grooming/sexual exploitation/ paedophilia activity- are white. But no one hears about their religion- one thing the media loves to point out when it comes to brown coloured culprits.. it is always Pakistani 'Muslims'- which just fuels the fire.

What percentage does the CPS data show are Muslim? How does that figure compare proportionately with the proportion of the UK population as a whole that are Muslim? Genuine question, as I don't know, but saying this country's paedophiles are mainly white is to be expected in a country with around 86% white population. It's only true of they're over represented compared with proportion of population.

Edited by WiseOwl182

****snipped****

Finally, CPS data still shows the percentage of groups committing grooming/sexual exploitation/ paedophilia activity- are white. But no one hears about their religion- one thing the media loves to point out when it comes to brown coloured culprits.. it is always Pakistani 'Muslims'- which just fuels the fire.

I agree to a point. But lets be clear, its now a well known fact that the reason these men got away with their crimes for so long was BECAUSE they were Pakistani Muslims and some people didn't want to be considered racist for pointing out there may be an issue with grooming white girls in the Pakistani community. The Police, Social services, Councillors all wanted to be seen as PC and didn't want to be called racist for pointing out religion or heritage. In my view this fuelled the fire because I don't believe they would have been labelled racist or bigoted for calling out these gangs and I believe the Pakistani community as a whole would be as outraged as the rest of us. As usual, its white middled class people getting offended on behalf of others and in turn this has given knuckle draggers the opportunity to label ALL Pakistanis or ALL Muslims as child grooming rapists.

The same could be asked "do all catholics rape little boys" or do all football coaches groom boys" and the answer is also a NO.

You also need to look at the gangs convicted so far and there seems to be some correlation- when it comes to the industry they work in.

I think it is less about culture or religion than opportunity and circumstance. These small towns, Asians control the night-time economy – working in takeaways or driving minicabs. Just as church schools or football clubs provided opportunities for certain types of men to commit sexual offences.

These groups form their gangs from here, working in this night time environment- they have full access to what they crave, taking full advantage.

My Bold

Id go along with this. The only bit I would disagree with is your use of the term Asians. Lets be accurate and say it how it is. It is mainly Pakistani males. Please lets not tarnish a whole continent for the actions of a tiny %. As for the rest of your contribution I would say its bang on the money and a damn fine post..

4 hours ago, woodview said:

I agree. I was gobsmacked that one head of a catholic boarding school was 100% aware of what was going on, and witnessed it, and chose to do nothing. Nothing was done to him, as apparently it isn't a crime, and he is still at the school.

Not a crime?

What kind of mentality even thinks like that? And to think these people are in a position of influence and power but when you have the head of the catholic church turning a blind eye I bet its easy for them to feel invincible and untouchable. Something needs to be done but I haven't a clue what.

42 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

What percentage does the CPS data show are Muslim? How does that figure compare proportionately with the proportion of the UK population as a whole that are Muslim? Genuine question, as I don't know, but saying this country's paedophiles are mainly white is to be expected in a country with around 86% white population. It's only true of they're over represented compared with proportion of population.

I don't know and I doubt CPS do as groups are not categorized by faith.

12 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

My Bold

Id go along with this. The only bit I would disagree with is your use of the term Asians. Lets be accurate and say it how it is. It is mainly Pakistani males. Please lets not tarnish a whole continent for the actions of a tiny %. As for the rest of your contribution I would say its bang on the money and a damn fine post..

Not a crime?

What kind of mentality even thinks like that? And to think these people are in a position of influence and power but when you have the head of the catholic church turning a blind eye I bet its easy for them to feel invincible and untouchable. Something needs to be done but I haven't a clue what.

Ok. A lot of these men are Pakistani or from similar backgrounds- but if we don't want to tarnish Asians then the same applies to the usage of Muslim.

Lets call them Pakistani because by adding 'Muslims' it groups a world wide religion- many who abide by laws and are sickened by the acts of these vile men.

5 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

Ok. A lot of these men are Pakistani or from similar backgrounds- but if we don't want to tarnish Asians then the same applies to the usage of Muslim.

Lets call them Pakistani because by adding 'Muslims' it groups a world wide religion- many who abide by laws and are sickened by the acts of these vile men.

That seems fair.

Edited by K1Machine

theres a book out about those scum /amanda spencer and the whiteley brothers/ its called pimped. 

On 26/03/2019 at 22:27, K1Machine said:

That seems fair.

It's seems fair to not use Muslim, because that is an overly broad generalisation, but an entire nationality, you don't see a problem with that?

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

It's seems fair to not use Muslim, because that is an overly broad generalisation, but an entire nationality, you don't see a problem with that?

Who said it was an entire nationality?

What do you think Pakistani is if not a nationality?