Will you miss F1 now it is not on terrestrial TV?

Not what you would call an ardent follower of F1 but must say I enjoy watching it, now though unless you have Sky you will only be able to watch the highlights on Ch4. Apart from the British GP which will be shown live on Ch4, to watch the other races it will cost £10pm (and that has been reduced from £18pm) for the privilege of watching on Sky F1. Lewis Hamilton says that it does not make sense to block or deter fans from watching F1. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141914/hamilton-critical-of-reduced-free-tv-presence 

The sport is full of advertising look at the cars, surely by stopping free to air broadcasting the number of viewers will drop and reduce the advertising revenue, personally I can't see the point in sitting watching highlights if you know the result of the race or what has happened in the race. 

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

The sport is full of advertising look at the cars, surely by stopping free to air broadcasting the number of viewers will drop and reduce the advertising revenue, 

I think that the argument is that viewers willing to pay to view, are more likely to buy the tat that's advertised and are therefore more valuable to the advertisers.

It's a shame, as this season looks like Ferrari and Red Bull will be much closer to Mercedes AMG as well as other teams like McClaren, Force India and Renault getting closer to the leaders with an extra point on offer for the fastest lap.

Some of the races were so uneventful last year that I welcomed highlights.

I don't mind C4s coverage except for Steve Jones.

The worst thing though is trying to avoid the result before the highlights are shown.  

So, for the must-see races I'll rely on IPTV.

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Some of the races were so uneventful last year that I welcomed highlights.

I don't mind C4s coverage except for Steve Jones.

The worst thing though is trying to avoid the result before the highlights are shown.  

So, for the must-see races I'll rely on IPTV.

Yes, remember the problems Terry and Bob had trying to avoid an England football score all those years ago.😁😁

7 hours ago, iansheff said:

Yes, remember the problems Terry and Bob had trying to avoid an England football score all those years ago.😁😁

Or Ant and Dec if you are a bit younger! 😉

I wont pay the tenner,must be 100 streams showing it live like today,quick as they shut em down another 100 spring up,same with movies,sky have ruined sport for the occasional fan,but if you know where to look you just tune in to the freebies anyhow

On 01/04/2019 at 01:42, Top Cats Hat said:

Link?

They won't let people post streaming links, they will remove it.  I once asked someone and got a message from the mods saying it wasn't allowed, I would imagine it is still the same now.

Edited by iansheff

9 minutes ago, iansheff said:

They won't let people post streaming links, they will remove it.  I once asked someone and got a message from the mods saying it wasn't allowed, I would imagine it is still the same now.

Thanks.

Glad to see the back of it

If you want to watch cars whizzing past why not stand at woodall service station near junction 30 of M1?