Blades v Brentford

Every one is talking about the Leeds match Lets concentrate on Brentford first .We have to be in the same sort of mind for Brentford as we are for Leeds .Treating them lightly can be dangerous,no good going to Leeds another three points behind them .They have had some very good results of late the last one being winning at Boro on Saturday which is not an easy place to go to get a win.We must be up for it on Tuesday or we could slip.

Agreed. I understand that while they are good at home their away form is poor, although, as you say,  they won at Boro. I keep expecting our winning run to come to an end but the team happily keeps confounding that expectation. 

I'll go for a draw tomorrow. One of Norwich, Leeds and the Blades has to blink sometime.

Be interesting to see what the line up is tomorrow. Norwood could be rested tomorrow so he can face Leeds and Bristol City to expunge his yellow cards. 

Reading to beat Leeds

Hoping for a great Sheffield double tomorrow.

Blades 2-0. again.

Madine off before half time. Could be an important, telling event?

Squeaky bum time now.

Cant complain bout the blades season there where they are because of results and  determination like tonight result. 

Wilders simply done a awesome job with hardly any new recruits. Great stuff guys the promised lands very close. 

Good luck

Tonight's win was down to Wilder/Knills tactical nouse and great defending.  Took Baldock off for Sharp and brought McGoldrick on for Hogan, both worked tactically. Changed it at a time when we really under the cosh. 

Full marks to Norwood for avoiding a booking, slate wiped clean now. Great team effort. Well done to Deano for being immense.

The match reminded me of last season's fixture on the opening day ; Brentford were the better footballing side but United beat them. They played exhibition football with no end result because of poor finishing and a series of outstanding saves from Henderson who deserved to be voted MOTM. I'm sure that us having an all British team is the secret of our success because of the battling British Bulldog attitude of the players. Brentford only had a couple of players with British sounding names and didn't have the same sense of determination as our players showed, despite being very good footballers. Next Saturday will be a massive challenge but with United, anything is possible.

Yes it was a good result from a team with just ten men.The defence was awesome to come out of that match with a clean sheet.The subs that Wilder made showed what a great technician he is .I would never have thought about taking Boldock off and putting a forward on.It made a big difference any body else would have put another defender on but not Wilder. He is so unorthodox no one seems able to work him out the main thing is that his methods work.

57 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Yes it was a good result from a team with just ten men.The defence was awesome to come out of that match with a clean sheet.The subs that Wilder made showed what a great technician he is .I would never have thought about taking Boldock off and putting a forward on.It made a big difference any body else would have put another defender on but not Wilder. He is so unorthodox no one seems able to work him out the main thing is that his methods work.

Best defensive display of the season(home),. Cranie was already on when Sharp replaced  Baldock. If you keep two men up  front  when down to ten  men, the opposition has to leave 3 men back, 2 marking and 1 covering,  therefore making it even out somewhat,  good tactics by CW, and a good  win! 

1 hour ago, pintor said:

Best defensive display of the season(home),. Cranie was already on when Sharp replaced  Baldock. If you keep two men up  front  when down to ten  men, the opposition has to leave 3 men back, 2 marking and 1 covering,  therefore making it even out somewhat,  good tactics by CW, and a good  win! 

Yes that defense look better every week and who would have thought Cranie would have to make such a contribution to the squad he has been superb when asked to come on.We have not conceded at home since Boxing Day which is a mega boost and tells us how good this defence is getting apart from the Villa game they are looking really good.