Unsure of PDSA's diagnosis....

quite a complicated story, but to keep it short...

My cat started going thin, so we wormed him, and it didn't make any difference...

we took him to the PDSA and they have diagnosed him with Lymphoma, even done an ultrasound, and said they can see a mass in his abdomen near his intestine entrance, and his intestines are a little inflamed...

this was about 6 weeks ago now, and he's still up and about, although still super thin...

now, having a read online, (Lots of sources/sites/forums etc) they say under the symptoms of Lymphoma, Loss of Appetite, Dark Stool, quiet/lethargic etc...

but no, he's up and about, walks around, looks out the window, meows for food, Still eating like tonnes (probably more now than he did any way),  he's all there, just VERY thin....

I cannot afford a private vet, and the way the PDSA has recently treated us, it felt  pushed, rushed, and like they didn't care.... does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, if it is indeed Lymphoma, when it comes his time I don't know what to do for the best, I don't want to take him to the PDSA again after how they made us feel, but I also don't want him to suffer!! 😢

If they did an ultra sound then the diagnosis is probably correct, I know well what you mean about how they made you feel though things got better there before but now it seems very pressurised, in the end the animals will suffer when people cant face taking them.

Even after the scan, they said the only way they can be 100% sure is a biopsy, but then if they went in and it is Lymphoma, they would put him to sleep there and the - no choice for us in the decision.... which to me seems a little harsh...

What they described on the ultrasound fits with the theory we have had also, which is why I think i'm looking at potentially a 2nd opinion...

I'm just not sure..

Well a 2nd opinion can do no harm at all and might set your mind at rest, I hope that it goes the right way x

My elderly cat has likely Lymphoma, weight loss, being sick and now diahorrea. Private vet said only way to diagnose for sure is an invasive biopsy which I'm not subjecting her to, as there's almost certainly no cure anyway. So she's now on steroid injections and  Vitamin B12. She is largely fine, still thin, although has put a bit of weight on, but rarely sick, and bowels 'hit and miss'.

She's been on steroids since 2nd Jan and started on the B12  5 weeks ago. She's actually got more life and get up and go now than she did 1 to 2 months ago.