Ran Out Of Usable Energy.

Just watching the Formula E "motor racing" on the telly. Have to say that it must have its fans, but I am not one after watching some of it. One of the races where the guy had come through the field and was in the lead and coming up to the finish line when the commentator informed the watching masses that "oh no, he has run out of usable energy" translated into plain english, his battery has gone flat, yards from the line. Not for me I'm afraid. Any one a fan of electric racing.

Angel1.

Bit of a stupid reason for not liking the racing.

I've watched a few over the last year. If you think of F1, the drivers also have to look after fuel and tyre wear, the E series drivers must keep an eye on battery (fuel) levels.

I love electric racing.

just have to remember to ease off in the corners, or the car comes off the track and goes under the sofa.

29 minutes ago, zach said:

I've watched a few over the last year. If you think of F1, the drivers also have to look after fuel and tyre wear, the E series drivers must keep an eye on battery (fuel) levels.

Very much this. It's not unknown for F1 drivers to run out of fuel - including in one race 6 of the 11 cars still running during the closing laps.

Those racing cars must have bloody long extension cables. 

14 hours ago, convert said:

I love electric racing.

just have to remember to ease off in the corners, or the car comes off the track and goes under the sofa.

yeah i used to end up doing that :(

14 hours ago, Halibut said:

Bit of a stupid reason for not liking the racing.

They sounds rubbish and it ruins the atmosphere, ends up being as entertaining as watching RC cars race.

10 hours ago, geared said:

They sounds rubbish and it ruins the atmosphere, ends up being as entertaining as watching RC cars race.

I'm with geared on this, a racing car needs to sound like a racing car, even the current crop of F1 cars don't sound that good.

Now the old F1, group C sportscars and group B rally cars sounded great.

I've tried to watch and enjoy it but I just can't.

I'm not bothered about the look or sound of the car, its the tracks that I don't like.