Shell Service Station Ecclesall Road

I stopped off at the Shell Service Station on Ecclesall road last. All pumps are currently priced at 2 pence per litre more than the advertised display board at the road side for both petrol and diesel.

The unleaded actual price charged at the pump is £1.219 vs advertised road side price £1.199.

When I complained I was told I should take a receipt and put it in writing! Luckily I hadn't taken any fuel at that point and I drove off. :)

One to avoid.

Edited by molar

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if this is elsewhere too? 

1 hour ago, molar said:

I stopped off at the Shell Service Station on Ecclesall road last. All pumps are currently priced at 2 pence per litre more than the advertised display board at the road side for both petrol and diesel.

The unleaded actual price charged at the pump is £1.219 vs advertised road side price £1.199.

When I complained I was told I should take a receipt and put it in writing! Luckily I hadn't taken any fuel at that point and I drove off. :)

One to avoid.

Id give Trading Standards a call.

Still that oh so old childish out of date way of calling it .009 instead of  0.01.

See mistakes like that made in many places. At least the supermarkets politely apologise and correct the problem when you point it out to them.