Sign in to follow this  

Why no option for DL destination folder with Pdf files?

I am currently D loading  various travel time tables that are Pdf format. On my old pc system I would get the option to save to a location of my choice- a specific folder/specific drive etc. When I click on save there is no option appearing. All the files are going to the download folder. Logic enough, but I only want stuff like programs/applications etc going to the DL folder. Could it be due to some default setting on the pc? Or don`t I get a destination choice for Pdf files and probably other files too?

Which browser? 

if chrome, click the 3 dots top right,  scroll all the way to the bottom, click Advanced, find the "Downloads" section, and there's an option for "Ask where to save each file before downloading" - enable this...

if on IE/Edge, there's a similar setting in there too...

Hi Ghozer,

I've got Firefox as the default browser. Is  there a fix for FF? If not, I still have Edge on the pc.

19 minutes ago, Janus said:

Hi Ghozer,

I've got Firefox as the default browser. Is  there a fix for FF? If not, I still have Edge on the pc.

Janus - in FF, it's options>general>files & downloads.

^^ He beat me to it!

Thanks guys.