The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 hours ago, L00b said:

On the topic of which: a fabulous thread was posted on Twitter today, about all those (72) laws which the EU forced on the UK since 1996. Enjoy:

The condescending title and fist paragraph set the tone nicely.

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave. That should make things easier.

Thanks Loob. 😉

2 minutes ago, woodview said:

The condescending title and fist paragraph set the tone nicely.

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave. That should make things easier.

Thanks Loob. 😉

You still seem confused about what the EU is

18 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you think the far right have greater influence here or in Germany?

Read this and tell me what you think... 

https://www.thelocal.de/20180923/one-year-on-from-election-far-right-has-transformed-german-politics

And there have already been discussions about a potential Dexit. 

Edited by Lex Luthor

21 minutes ago, woodview said:

So, a massive, expensive, beurocratic monster, but it doesn't actually do anything? Presumably on that basis, there is little point in the beast, and it matters not whether we Remain or Leave.

Nah, you simply failed to comprehend it.

Those are just the bits the UK didn't support, hardly anything.... the central point of the piece.

Edited by Magilla

11 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Read this and tell me what you think... 

https://www.thelocal.de/20180923/one-year-on-from-election-far-right-has-transformed-german-politics

And there have already been discussions about a potential Dexit. 

The far rights even more popular in eastern europe

9 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Nah, you simply failed to comprehend it.

Those are just the bits the UK didn't support, hardly anything.... they are only a tiny tiny fraction of the total.

No, I failed to read it.  When the opening sentence is "ALL THEM RULES INNIT" , the writer is obviously both patronising and pushing an agenda. His attitude implies a biased monologue, I wouldn't give him the time of day. I detest condescending people regardless of their opinion, so his team is wasted on me.

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The far rights even more popular in eastern europe

Would you be happy if, we were tired to the EU, and in a few years time, the far right were steering the EU? 

Edited by Lex Luthor

1 minute ago, Lex Luthor said:

Would you be happy if, we were tired to the EU, and inn a few years time, the far right were steering the EU? 

seems its all the crank far right conspiracy theorists that are eurosceptics so doubt that would happen

No, I failed to read it.

So much for being fully informed :rolleyes:

When the opening sentence is "ALL THEM RULES INNIT" , the writer is obviously both patronising and pushing an agenda. His attitude implies a biased monologue.

... hmmm, but which bits are factually incorrect?

I wouldn't give him the time of day.

Naturally :hihi:

I detest condescending people regardless of their opinion, so his team is wasted on me.

Except when you're the one doing it, of course :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least you thanked L00b for giving you the opportunity to look like an idiot.. again :hihi:

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

So much for being fully informed :rolleyes:

... hmmm, but which bits are factually incorrect?

Naturally :hihi:

Except when you're the one doing it, of course :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least you thanked L00b for giving you the opportunity to look like an idiot.. again :hihi:

I might disagree with people but I'm not condescending.

There are lots of books available to read that can help people learn how to speak to people in an affable, friendly way. He should try some.

Starting a tweet like the author did, isn't going to persuade anyone to look at it, except people who already agree with him.

Simple innit.

What we really needed to keep almost everyone happy was remain in the EU with an ability to set an upper limit on migration. I don't think there'd have been a leave vote then.