The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

10 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Mine is that Traitor Angela Smith. Up here we voted leave ,and she went against her constituents and is trying to stop Brexit. She only has a 1300 majority ,and will be booted out at the next GE without a doubt.  

You need pulling up over that,  it's the sort of emotive language that could get people to use violence to achieve their political goals.

Just now, ez8004 said:

Let’s run this through step by step. 

May’s deal has been voted down twice by heavy defeats. It is very unlikely how she can suddenly turn 150 people to support her deal. Before your pedantic self say she only lost by 149. One MP didn’t vote because his wife was in labour and voted against her last time. So chances are, he’ll need convincing too. 

Parliament tonight toughened the exit by no deal motion and passed it. So Parliament has expressed its will in that leaving without a deal is unacceptable. There will be some who say that the parliamentary vote was non binding. The referendum was none binding. How well did that go?

So, we can’t leave with the PM’s deal. We can’t leave with no deal. The PM is too stubborn to explore other deals. So what is really left? Extension of A50, but only if there is a real reason to as indicated by the EU27. So an extension seems improbable. We can’t hold a referendum unless we have an extension as planning for one takes about 22 weeks. 22 weeks we don’t have. 

So what is left? Revocation of A50 is the natural conclusion. 

In Law we leave with No Deal on the 29th March , unless we agree a deal before then .

Tonights vote was nothing more than some MP`s expressing their wishes to not leave without a deal . It was pointless. 

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Tonights vote was nothing more than some MP`s expressing their wishes to not leave without a deal . It was pointless. 

Pointless? Really?

It was more than some MPs, it was a majority of MPs which means when May runs out of options and someone introduces a Statutory Instrument (which is binding) to either halt or extend Article 50, in all likelihood it will be passed.

10 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Agreed, not because she voted against triggering Article 50 but because she won't be the Labour candidate! 😂

She'll not be voted in because of

Her brexit voting

She's left labour anyway

They'd have deselected her anyway

The newbie will no doubt be from the new breed and will struggle to keep the majority Smith clung to.

Pathetic in a working class constituency.

Brexit has been a botched operation from the word go, including the referendum itself. We should never have been dragged into this mess on the say so of 33% of the electorate, never in a million years, especially as it was won on proved lies and deceit. We could also end up with a labour government, that would rub salt into the wounds. Been saying this for ages but its referendum time.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, and starts calling me a sore loser, Brexit wont make any difference to me.

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Pointless? Really?

It was more than some MPs, it was a majority of MPs which means when May runs out of options and someone introduces a Statutory Instrument (which is binding) to either halt or extend Article 50, in all likelihood it will be passed.

Oddly I'm with penny. Totally pointless. The EU won't extend unless there's something constructive coming from the UK. There's **** all new coming from the UK, certainly no consensus. There might be a withdrawal of A50 but its either no deal, or Mays deal, or no brexit. No amount of naval gazing by parliament will change that.

41 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

In Law we leave with No Deal on the 29th March , unless we agree a deal before then .

So you are saying that the opinion of the representatives of the electorate (who elected them to decide on their behalf) is pointless?

Isn't that going against the democratic choice of the electorate? - typical brexiteer  - I know better, I know what's best and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Should we let parliament decide?

Or the people?

Do you see where you are going with this - ? A cul-de-sac in which you contradict your 3 years of nonsensical rhetoric...

15 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Totally pointless.

Not pointless at all, it gives the house a mandate.

From here they now have 3 options-

Extend article 50 (If possible) and go back to the country.

Revoke article 50 and go back to the country.

Revoke article 50 and forget all about it.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 18:56, I1L2T3 said:

Pretty much it would

It would go back to being the low ranking issue it always was

And then the rest of us can get on with life without worrying about your imaginary EU bogeymen

Did you just assume the metaphorical gender of the imaginary EU object of fear?

1 minute ago, Hots on said:

Did you just assume the metaphorical gender of the imaginary EU object of fear?

Did you just spout a load of crap, trying to sound clever.

27 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Oddly I'm with penny. Totally pointless. The EU won't extend unless there's something constructive coming from the UK. There's **** all new coming from the UK, certainly no consensus. There might be a withdrawal of A50 but its either no deal, or Mays deal, or no brexit. No amount of naval gazing by parliament will change that.

It’s nasal gazing 😉

9 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Not pointless at all, it gives the house a mandate.

From here they now have 3 options-

Extend article 50 (If possible) and go back to the country.

Revoke article 50 and go back to the country.

Revoke article 50 and forget all about it.

Well the first one is a very very big if.

May really doesn't want the second (Not sure many mps do really)

May really really doesn't want to do the third.

It's all a bit last minute to come up with anything sensible - the whole vote tonight suggests that. "Shall we have a debate on what we could do and how can we can move forward?" "Nah, lets waste a day on voting on what we wont do."

Utter joke.

26 minutes ago, Litotes said:

So you are saying that the opinion of the representatives of the electorate (who elected them to decide on their behalf) is pointless?

Isn't that going against the democratic choice of the electorate? - typical brexiteer  - I know better, I know what's best and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Should we let parliament decide?

Or the people?

Do you see where you are going with this - ? A cul-de-sac in which you contradict your 3 years of nonsensical rhetoric...

shame they did not abide what the people want