The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

A mishmash of half truths.

VAT rules are not imposed by the European Commission. They are decided on and agreed by member states.

At the first European Council summit where this was on the agenda, the member states voted to allow zero rated items.

Which will not come into effect until 2022 at the very earliest, so why the delay?

44 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

If lower standards are allowed then it will drive our own industry out of business, or we'll have to reduce animal welfare standards to match.

Its not so much about lower standard but about stopping competition as cheaper import as you say will effect our industry, and also one of the reasons it is banned in the EU. I'm sure animal welfare is not the prime reason at all.

Edited by apelike

11 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It's been thoroughly answered, you just don't like what the answer is.

But it hasn't so maybe you could at least show one reply where it was answered which should be easy giving you state its been thoroughly answered. Your reply is just an attempt to circumvent the issue.

Edited by apelike

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

But it hasn't so maybe you could at least show one reply where it was answered which should be easy give you state its been thoroughly answered. Your reply is just an attempt to circumvent the issue.

Where what was answered? The weakening of the economy?

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

But it hasn't so maybe you could at least show one reply where it was answered which should be easy giving you state its been thoroughly answered. Your reply is just an attempt to circumvent the issue.

Continuing to pretend that it hasn't been answered is just an attempt to waste everyone's time.

7 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Try reading post 3595.

8 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Specifically this

"you voted in the referndum to damage the economic future of ALL children, irrespective of backgrouond."

He disputes it, presumably claiming that brexit won't damage the economic future of children.

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Continuing to pretend that it hasn't been answered is just an attempt to waste everyone's time.

Not pretending at all as in good old SF tradition it is up to the original poster to prove it not me.

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Try reading post 3595.

How about you try answering the question instead of pretending it's been answered?

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Specifically this

"you voted in the referndum to damage the economic future of ALL children, irrespective of backgrouond."

He disputes it, presumably claiming that brexit won't damage the economic future of children.

He's smoking dope right?

The loss of value in Sterling alone immediatly after the result devalued the entiure country by about 10%. That's all you need to make the argument

3 minutes ago, Obelix said:

How about you try answering the question instead of pretending it's been answered?

Funny as that is exactly what I asked Cyclone.. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Obelix said:

The loss of value in Sterling alone immediatly after the result devalued the entiure country by about 10%. That's all you need to make the argument

You do realise that devaluing the £ does not mean the £ in your pocket is less dont you? (A misquote from the Wilson years)

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

No, I want you to tell me how they will be impacted hence the question mark? People are making statements and I would like to see the data that backs them up and so far from you its just if's again.

The people who are scared of holding another referendum are the politicians as its up to them not us.

I’ve told you how they will be impacted. Every single item I listed is on the wishlist of at least one and probably most leading Brexiters.

Are you now saying that after slavishly supporting these shysters you now don’t believe they will get anything that’s on their wish lists, and that the U.K. electorate will reject these things.

That is one hell of a gamble. I’d rather not take the chance personally. It will make the U.K. a worse place to live in many, many ways.

40 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes our water contains a small percentage of chlorine from its processing and US chicken also contains a small percentage of chlorine and both are within accepted consumption levels, and even the EU agree it is safe. 

Animal welfare......

1 minute ago, apelike said:

Funny as that is exactly what I asked Cyclone.. :rolleyes:

You do realise that devaluing the £ does not mean the £ in your pocket is less dont you? (A misquote from the Wilson years)

It means exactly that. This country trades. It buys stuff from outside of the UK. I buy things from outside the UK. The devaluation of the pound is incredibly relevant.

1 minute ago, Obelix said:

It means exactly that. This country trades. It buys stuff from outside of the UK. I buy things from outside the UK. The devaluation of the pound is incredibly relevant.

Different situation for me. I’ve got two kids living on the continent requiring my support to meet living costs, tuition etc... Sending Euro to them is very expensive compared to several years ago.