The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

3 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I voted in the referendum to damage the economic future of those children from affluent middle-class and rich backgrounds. This I certainly find positive. 

Well  it’s a reason of sorts I suppose.

Equality by making everyone poor.Brill.

2 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Chlorinated chicken from the US. Well, at least I can afford to not eat that rubbish. 

Let the race race to the bottom begin. Guess which demographic will be affected the most?

If you consume bagged salad that originates in the EU - without washing it - then you are eating an EU approved chlorine wash at a higher concentration that that permitted for US chlorine washed chicken.

4 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

If you consume bagged salad that originates in the EU - without washing it - then you are eating an EU approved chlorine wash at a higher concentration that that permitted for US chlorine washed chicken.

You miss the point.

See post 3588 

21 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I voted in the referendum to damage the economic future of those children from affluent middle-class and rich backgrounds. This I certainly find positive. 

Did Sixtus Rees-Mogg's dad do the same?

5 hours ago, ez8004 said:

Chlorinated chicken from the US. Well, at least I can afford to not eat that rubbish. 

I suppose you also buy bottled water instead of drinking chlorinated tap water every day.. :rolleyes:

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, Ethella said:

Sadly, you voted in the referndum to damage the economic future of ALL children, irrespective of backgrouond.

In what way, exactly how will they be damaged?

32 minutes ago, apelike said:

I suppose you also buy bottled water instead of drinking chlorinated tap water every day.. :rolleyes:

Water is chlorinated,at hopefully safe levels to kill harmful bacteria.

So ask yourself ,why is it necessary to use this treatment on US chickens,but not in the U.K.

Is it to give an enhanced flavour to your Kentucky Fried Chicken.?

25 minutes ago, apelike said:

More explicitly,the economy will be the poorer in most people’s opinion,including Brexiteers for years to come and this will inevitably damage the job prospects of many of our population including those who are now children.

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

Water is chlorinated,at hopefully safe levels to kill harmful bacteria.

So ask yourself ,why is it necessary to use this treatment on US chickens,but not in the U.K.

According to SF its not about why its necessary but about the harmful effects which according to the EU is not harmful. People promote organic food production as better and it uses poo as its main organic nutrient and yet people are happy to accept it, but does that mean its also bad? Most people really dont care about it otherwise they would be vegan and this is just shows another example of remainer scare because they are losing the battle. The USA do what it is called pathogen reduction which we actually also do by chlorinating water, notice also that butchers also clean their implements and chopping boards using chlorine or other pathogen reducing compounds so nothing much there to complain about.

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, RJRB said:

More explicitly,the economy will be the poorer in most people’s opinion,including Brexiteers for years to come and this will inevitably damage the job prospects of many of our population including those who are now children.

"In most peoples opinion" is not addressing the question!

8 hours ago, apelike said:

Want to tell me how they won’t be impacted if the economy is weaker? If there are fewer economic opportunities? With mass immigration of low skilled non-EUropean workers? How they won’t be impacted if our services deteriorate? What life will be like with reduced employment protections and diluted human rights? With reduced travel rights? With reduced food quality?

Then tell me how things will be better after Brexit. Seriously how will it be better for future generations?

Even Mogg is saying the benefits could take 50 years to materialise.

Youve sold two or three generations down the river.

5 hours ago, apelike said:

"In most peoples opinion" is not addressing the question!

Are you saying the economy will be stronger?

Yawn. How can you guys keep this up for 300+ pages?! Same arguments, round in circles again and again.