The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

35 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

How do you think we can blame the eu for making our government give out no-strings attached benefits. 

at least we agree on our government giving out no strings attached benefits :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

All the huge amount of conflict and misery the EU has caused. All this division and animosity, between those who have benefited enormously from our membership and those that haven't. 

Is it worth it? No. Nothing the EU can ever hope to offer has been worth it. We should NEVER have gone in.

Better off OUT.

your blatant propaganda is getting worse...if thats possible

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, in other news, its all come out hos useless May is and the government is and shows they STILL dont have a plan...or a clue

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/26/world/europe/brexit-theresa-may-brussels.html?fbclid=IwAR2bfrXQYFhLHCrH8VjYbk4RyDu0H2btYZy8umZEmuCM9mHnU-mAU1GFm2s

Just now, ricgem2002 said:

at least we agree on our government giving out no strings attached benefits :thumbsup:

We are but you said it's the fault of the EU. Why is that?

39 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Re the benefits of leaving - too numerous to mention.

Angel1

thats why in 40 years NOBODY has come up with 1 that is an actual possibility, a real benefit and not based on lies and mistruths

4 hours ago, Car Boot said:

All the huge amount of conflict and misery the EU has caused.

Like the longest period of peace on the western European mainland since the Romans. 

20 hours ago, Magilla said:

Failing Grayling strikes again:

Government pays £33m over Brexit ferry case:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47414699

Post-Brexit trade partners ask UK to lower human rights standards

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/13/post-brexit-trade-partners-ask-uk-to-lower-human-rights-standards

... would never happpen, explained those trustworthy brexiteers!

US sets out aims for post-Brexit trade deal:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tells-may-to-abandon-food-standards-for-brexit-trade-deal-2019-3

... that'll *definately* mean a border in N.I.

This country is certainly window-selling itself splendidly as a dream business partner to all those nations we have approached for trade deals when we leave the EU. They must be fighting each other off to be at the front of the queue with people like Grayling in charge.

On 01/03/2019 at 07:28, ads36 said:

Maybe your cause would have been helped if those who campaigned for it, had, you know,

Not lied.

Had a plan, any plan.

Not run away from any responsibility

Not built their campaign on impossible and contradictory promises.

Are you referring to the Remain or the Leave Campaign?  Because these statements apply equally and ring no truer for anyone than David Cameron. 

20 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s clear that Brexit leaders favour a no deal, and with that a 9% contraction in the economy, reduction of workers rights, reduction of human rights, the destruction of U.K. manufacturing and the destruction of U.K. agriculture. They also favour Britain being a less safe place to live. They don’t care if the U.K. fragments and they don’t care about peace in Northern Ireland.

Why any ordinary person on the street would support that is utterly beyond me.

Can anybody explain?

Yeah, sure. 

You see, we were presented with an opportunity to unshackle ourselves from the EU.  An EU that has spiralled totally out of our control and had become a parody of itself in terms of bureaucracy.  An EU laden with increasing problems and that showed no regard for the people of Greece.  An EU that I can see before long, being run by people of an even less palatable political 'flavour'.   

It's difficult enough getting our own government to listen or act on behalf of the people, instead of continually serving its own interests.  The EU has become so remote and arrogant and that we have no chance of them listening to the people of the UK, and if the Brexit negotiations haven't convinced anyone of that, then they never will be.

Things may not be too bad now, in the current climate, in the EU but I am sure things will get worse for ordinary people, whether we remain in the EU or not, and I believe we will have a lot better chance of influencing our own government than an EU one.  

It's far from a perfect set of circumstances with some of the self-serving, extreme right, wanting to steer policy during and after Brexit, some of which has been referred to on this thread and I would have been much happier if a government that had shown absolute cruelty and contempt for the poor, sick, and disadvantaged was not at the helm during our Brexit BUT this may be the only chance we get for another 50 years, or we may never get another chance to break from the EU ever, so we must accept that the circumstances in which we are leaving are pretty dire at the moment, but focus on the much longer term, and trust that the UK, now people  for the first time in years, feel that their one vote CAN actually make a difference, will ensure that the next time we go to the ballot box, we will elect a much kinder government, that will begin to dismantle any laws that may have been introduced post-Brexit that are harmful to the people. 

I didn't vote this way for me, because I strongly suspected that I would suffer, at least in the short term, but I did vote with hope and regard for my children's future. 

On 01/03/2019 at 08:34, melthebell said:

And it will be more of the brown skinned Muslim ones 😛

You're assuming that all Brexiteers fear this because its easier for you to pigeon-hole more than half of the people who voted.  Do you really think we are all racists?  What about the hordes of people of colour who voted for Brexit?  Are they all racists too? 

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

This country is certainly window-selling itself splendidly as a dream business partner to all those nations we have approached for trade deals when we leave the EU. They must be fighting each other off to be at the front of the queue with people like Grayling in charge.

That's the plan, and they are indeed. The fundamental problem is for the British people, about what they are queueing for.

Decided against an Audi S3 or a Merc AMG in the end. Brexiteers will be glad to learn I'm seriously considering a Jag XE instead :D

13 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

You're assuming that all Brexiteers fear this because its easier for you to pigeon-hole more than half of the people who voted.  Do you really think we are all racists?  What about the hordes of people of colour who voted for Brexit?  Are they all racists too?

They're amongst the proverbial Turkeys who were duped into voting for Christmas.

Many have since wised up to it, and they aren't happy about it.

Edited by L00b