The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

6 minutes ago, Shunter said:

This is the problem you see. The majority of remainers are convinced that a lot of leave voters are now swaying toward the remain camp due to the last two years of uncertainty, and quite rightly so. But one thing that is apparent is that the huge amount of people that didn't vote, myself included, have also had two years to watch and listen to events unfolding, which includes prominent remain voters like yourself, to assume that anyone who disses a remainer remark must be the enemy!!

Pig headedness at best really, and typical of the backward thinking of tunnel visioned people, and governments.

Everything and every argument needs to be considered when making a decision, from all sides.

Remainers have got a right to be angry. Others have voted to make us all poorer and to strip away our rights. we get it rubbed in our faces every day and told we should be supporting the process of our own impoverishment and dilution of our rights.

Never in a million years.

My advice to people like yourself and I mean this in a nice way is please wake up.

Edited by I1L2T3

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

Remainers have got a right to be angry. Others have voted to make us all poorer and to strip away our rights. we get it rubbed in our faces and told we should be supporting the process of our own I mpoverishment and dilution of our rights.

What impoverishment and dilution of rights?

2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Not quite 80%, 60% in fact

Nope. Deffo 80%

The Haas F1 team are based in Banbury Oxfordshire.

52 minutes ago, apelike said:

What impoverishment and dilution of rights?

Removal of human rights, right to free movement, reciprocal healthcare etc... while our economy collapses around us.

Thanks for that. Won’t let you forget it.

Edited by I1L2T3

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Nope. He's talking sense. The decision is clearly influenced by the EU Japan trade agreement.

Do you think the direct job losses and indirect job losses are a price worth paying?

What about the BMW announcement? Do you think the loss of production is a price worth paying?

Can you identify a single gain from the Brexit process, that negates the list of losses?

Of course you are spot on, that's a present from the eu for Brexit.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Removal of human rights, right to free movement, reciprocal healthcare etc... while our economy collapses around us.

So lets break this down..

What human rights have been removed?

What rights of free movement have been removed? 

TBH not sure about the healthcare bit as it does not bother me so not checked on it.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on the added etc bit?

26 minutes ago, apelike said:

Mine for a start.

For the last twenty years I have been working in Europe for at least three months a year. I have already lost over €20,000 worth of work this year because nobody knows what my entitlement to work in France, Germany or Italy will be after March and my work is booked up six months in advance.

Remainers are angry? Damn right we are! 😡

3 hours ago, Shunter said:

It is fair to say that as many false hopes there may be from the Brexit camp, there are just as many false blaming exercises coming from the remain camp, the biggest one at the moment being Honda are leaving because of Brexit, despite their British CEO saying it's nothing to do with Brexit!! They have clearly stated that it's all regarding the introduction of electric cars that the Swindon factory couldn't produce economically and would be better built in Japan, where to be honest are the finest technology and skills in electronics. Also worth noting that there are no other Honda factories anywhere in Europe. 

For all us "on the fence" voters, it's becoming increasingly difficult to take either camp seriously!!!

My tip to the sensationalists would be to just copy and paste real news from the people and industries that matter, rather than personal "I think this, and I think that"  claptrap that is basically fake news designed to mislead (just like our governments do!!)

But all we have is what we think either because it’s ingrained in us from our formative years or because we learn from our experiences and whatever media we find most persuasive.

Sit on the fence if you must but if you see any indication that the UK will get an advantage by leaving the EU,please let us know.

Others have been asked but nothing is forthcoming.

3 hours ago, apelike said:

I am saying that we don't know if it contributed given the fact that the car industry is struggling everywhere at the moment and also the fact they stated it was not a factor. Obviously remainers will turn any news like this into "it was because of brexit" because it suits their agenda of doom and misinformation.

Any downturn can either be laid at the door of the present Government or the Brexit debacle, or both.

6 hours ago, apelike said:

So lets break this down..

What human rights have been removed?

TBH not sure about the healthcare bit as it does not bother me so not checked on it.

Perhaps you can enlighten me on the added etc bit?

We haven’t left yet have we. I’m talking about what lies ahead. The etc... bit is the 750 agreements that underpin our relationship with the EU. I’m not going to list everything.

On a personal level my other half’s family are from the EU, and I’ve got two of my kids already living on the continent. This has been massively disruptive for us already. I guess we’re exactly the kind of family you (Brexiters) want to destroy.

13 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I think so, yes. The polls are still as tight as they were in May and June 2016.

Bizarre, very bizarre.

The polls are still quite tight, but there have been plenty of people who have publicly said they'd change from leave to remain, now that they finally understand.