The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

12 minutes ago, woodview said:

What did Cameron get offers of that we were mis-sold?

You mean, you don't actually know what you just called "a packet of crisps and a subscription to Jelly of the Month Club" in your earlier post?

Have an example of mis-selling on me as well. That's one of the smarter ones, too, relative to the red tops' usual toilet-bowl grade material. Nice choice of photo illustration an'all, don't you think?

That was already all part and parcel of the pup that you were sold in June 2016, btw.

Edited by L00b

28 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

First of all it is 36.7% of the electorate, not 51%, and on the question of self esteem and respect, would you say that our esteem on the world stage has gone up or gone down since 2016?

What percent of the electorate voted remain?

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

You mean, you don't actually know what you just called "a packet of crisps and a subscription to Jelly of the Month Club" in your earlier post?

Have an example of mis-selling on me as well. That's one of the smarter ones, too. Nice choice of photo illustration an'all, don't you think?

You've highlighted the mis selling, but not taken the opportunity to say what he actually got.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

You've highlighted the mis selling, but not taken the opportunity to say what he actually got.

You checked the first link to the Wikipedia entry in that post, right?

The one which itemises everything that made the deal which Cameron took back home?

Dear me.

Edited by L00b

10 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

What percent of the electorate voted remain?

35 point something which meant that neither side got the support of even 40% of the electorate which means that calling Brexit 'the will of the people' is a complete joke! 😂

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

35 point something which meant that neither side got the support of even 40% of the electorate which means that calling Brexit 'the will of the people' is a complete joke! 😂

Which is higher, 36.7% or "35 point something"?

23 minutes ago, L00b said:

You checked the first link to the Wikipedia entry in that post, right?

The one which itemises everything that made the deal which Cameron took back home?

Dear me.

Dear me, you hid it by changing my text into a hyperlink, how silly I was not to click it.

Well the 'real deal' he got was pretty much as it was presented here.

If that's as good as it gets, I'm not writing in to withdraw my vote.

19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Then you would also say staying in would be a bigger joke, by your own logic.

20 minutes ago, woodview said:

How do you reckon that - surely the status quo until a majority was achieved would have been a more honest outcome.

49 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Which is higher, 36.7% or "35 point something"?

Describing it as the will of the people is a bit of a stretch.

1 hour ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

During these Brexit negotiations with the EU.

Should may have consulted Farage ?

Offered him a role in the negotiations ?

Has she not missed a trick by involving him ? - I think so in this case.

If it was not for Farage and UKIP, this referendum / Brexit outcome would have never happened.

He's had the measure of the EU agenda for years, he knows how Brussels operates.

Did he deserve a role in the negotiations ?

After all, he couldn't have done much worse could he ?

I would agree it should have been a more inclusive process, warts and all

32 minutes ago, woodview said:

Staying in is where we are and have been for decades. We shouldn't even attempt to change that situation unless there is significant support to do so.

You don't up sticks and pull out simply because a shouty minority of UK citizens think that we should. That is sheer madness and is one of the reasons why this whole thing is the mess it is now.

Regardless of the vote in 2016 can you honestly put your hand on your heart and say that leaving the EU has the support of the people of the UK?

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Dear me, you hid it by changing my text into a hyperlink, how silly I was not to click it.

Well the 'real deal' he got was pretty much as it was presented here.

Aye, though not by you :rolleyes:

Hardly, it's far more likely those who didn't vote were perfectly happy with the status quo.

They didn't make a choice to be poorer, that much is certain.

Edited by Magilla

8 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Hardly, it's far more likely those who didn't vote were perfectly happy with the status quo.

Exactly.

The poll in 2016 only came about to give a chance for those who were dissatisfied with the EU (or were told they were) to demonstrate that dissatisfaction. Given that it had no mandatory powers, the only people who got really passionate about it were Leave supporters. Because of this it was always going to return a 'leave vote' but that vote was always going to be a minority of the electorate and an even bigger minority of the population at large.